1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would this script sell?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by xtmx, Sep 7, 2013.

I am working on a multiplayer texas hold-em script. It is JavaScript / PHP based, animated, and compatible with modern, non-modern (IE6+) and mobile browsers.

The script does not involve real money, so it is legal.

Assuming the script works well, would people be interested?

xtmx, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  2. picos

picos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    Do you have any demo there ?
    Please provide demo link :)

picos, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  3. xtmx

xtmx Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a work in progress, so I can't really provide a demo. I just want to know if there is a demand for the type of script.

Here's a screenshot of the progress. The chips have different relative values, which will be configurable. You will be able to change the images, as well.

http://debug.us/pokerface.png

xtmx, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The thing is it's not unique, so it will be hard to spin it out. How are you planning to promote it? I think if you put a nice, step-by-step promotional goal in front of you, you may get some following as a result. Your vision (how big or small it is) for your script/site will determine its success.

Just my 2 cents.

qwikad.com, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The script might be of interest to a company that wants to use it as a promotional tool (e.g., a free game to play and the chips have their logo or some other such tie-in to the brand. Of course, you would have to find and market it to such a company, but there could be revenues from it.

Of course, for your next project, you should start by finding a need by networking, talking to marketers and/or business owners, and see what they think that they would like to buy for their website or whatever. It is always best to go into a project with the knowledge of who might want it and what business pain it is alleviating.

jrbiz, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  6. shalwan

shalwan Banned

Best Answers:
    you need to work on graphic user interface and whenever you are asking for review make sure to provide demo url.

shalwan, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  7. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Poker games itself is not really something of interest to me, however, there is the need for good games that have a way of bringing in some revenue on their own (not reliant on ads to be sustained). I dont mean gambling with real money, but there are a number of games where players pay a few for additional beniefits, or account upgrades. And I think your future work should keep that in mind.

The only other comments that I have is that how it looks, (the graphics and the interface) will directly affect your sales price. Like from the screenshot you showed, I would not get my hopes up. But if you redo the graphics once your engine is working the way you like you might get a better price for it.

matt_62, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  8. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes plenty of people would be interested if you learn to market it the right way.

ninjamtlt1, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  9. Kwaku

Kwaku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not even hard to market this if it works well. With some changes they can sell for a lot more money than you think

Kwaku, Sep 11, 2013 IP