1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do Tags do when posting a Facebook Page Note?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Sean101, Sep 10, 2013.

When you write a new note on a Facebook page, there is an option to add Tags, what do these tags do? Is it just to tag people as you would normally do in photos, etc..? or Is it tags that help people find my page / page content?

Sean101, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  2. AppyArry

AppyArry Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a "Hash" Tag other then the normal tag in Facebook. Hash tag represent with the character "#"

For example: I Love #Pizza

Here Pizza which is a keyword with hash tags so when any search occurs on Facebook, your post will appear in the feeds based on the no. of search terms for your keyword.

So Pizza with hash tag will turn into clickable link in your post " I Love #Pizza". This helps people find posts about topic/search query "Pizza".

AppyArry, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  3. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but when creating a new Facebook Note, what do the tags do there? Is it to tag people? or Is it tags that to be used / added in the same way the # HashTags would be?

Sean101, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  4. AppyArry

AppyArry Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use it for both purposes. You can tag people whom you wanted to highlight. Also, you can tag any Topic that you wanted to show on timeline feed.

AppyArry, Sep 11, 2013 IP
    Sean101 likes this.
  5. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great :D Thanks for your help and information. :D

Sean101, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  6. Lokahi

Lokahi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone use the Notes section on Facebook anymore? I've only ever seen a friend use these once and it was for clips of poetry. Can't think of another reason I'd want to use Facebook notes though.

Lokahi, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  7. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use them, just wasn't sure about the Tags option. When you go to the All Notes section, it is like a blog, and also, what I have noticed now, is that if you write a note and tag another page in it, then your note will show on their page and also in the 2nd section in their Note area.

Sean101, Sep 19, 2013 IP