1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is paid traffic really worth the money ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tobalsan, Sep 7, 2013.

There is somethine that bugs me for a while. I've been considering buying traffic from traffic sellers, but it is really worth the bucks spent ? Has anyone had decent conversion rate from paid traffic ?

Besides, I'm basically like this:

[​IMG]

I mean if they're able to send you 100K "real adsense safe visitors" a day, why don't they use it for themselves ? Won't it bring them more money instead of selling it for $30 ?

tobalsan, Sep 7, 2013 IP
    matt_62 and vincentweb like this.
  2. vincentweb

vincentweb Member

Best Answers:
    ah exactly tht my thoughts. but maybe thts what they good at. but dont have our strenght. thts why they selling to us who need it isnt it ? anyone have better thoughts i would like to hear too.

vincentweb, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  3. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    No, not likely good for conversion, unless its a huge volume of visitors. Often they are automated visitors anyway.

usasportstraining, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  4. vincentweb

vincentweb Member

Best Answers:
    so theres something we cannot learn through forums i guess.

vincentweb, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  5. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Those vistors are bots and will destroy your SEO

Dionne Taylor, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  6. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That's not always the case though. There are sites that allow for users to exchange traffic between members. The members visit one anothers' sites. Sort of like Stumbleupon, but more directed and with more of a purpose. These are manual or even auto exchanges.

usasportstraining, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  7. vincentweb

vincentweb Member

Best Answers:

vincentweb, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  8. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think they send real human visitors, it's bots, not safe for Adsense IMO. Over the past few years it seems as if these companies have found ways to make the traffic look more authentic, but it's still fake visitors.

cronik, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  9. TheAnimatorGuy

TheAnimatorGuy Member

Best Answers:
    Well Paid Traffic is generally considered as "junk traffic". This might be true, because many of the visitors are bots - so definitely not good for a adsense site. However, if you are promoting CPA affiliate offers, and if you learn stuff about PPC, PPV, PPD, etc., if you learn how to remove junk and wifi traffic, you can make pretty descent income. But this won't be granted without spending time, effort and money to it.

TheAnimatorGuy, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  10. EmmanuelFlossie

EmmanuelFlossie Active Member

Best Answers:
    First off you are not aloud to delve into the pool of paid traffic if you have advertising on your site, its against their policy.

Regardless, i'd stick with organic traffic. Which is much higher in quality than a wannabee visitor.

Tell me what you are trying to achieve with buying traffic, just so you can see higher pageviews?

Stop wasting your money and do some hard labor in real traffic!

EmmanuelFlossie, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  11. tobalsan

tobalsan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well that's what I thought, but somehow all the traffic sellers (in this forum's BST section) claim "100% adsense safe / real humans / no bots".

tobalsan, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  12. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Fake traffic is useless, They are not targeted, and there are no "adsense safe" traffic.

Helge Sverre, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  13. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I've always said this, if you have money to spend on paid (bot) traffic, why not to spend it on Bing or AdWords instead? You may get fewer clicks, but they will be real ones. And I agree with Helge, bot generated traffic is never safe for AdSense.

qwikad.com, Sep 8, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  14. George T.

George T. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Paid traffic from sellers is most of the time fake views. I know this from personal experience. Yes you will get real looking hits to your analytics but everyone who is a programmer here knows well this can be fakes pretty easily :)

George T., Sep 8, 2013 IP
  15. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In my foolish "Woah 50k visits for 5 bucks, that will make me 100 bucks with adsense"-days..... Yup banned from adsense in a week or so...

Helge Sverre, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  16. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    OP, you are right! How many times now have we seen traffic sellers come to the forum to ask where they can promote their sites to find clients, and they know for a fact that their traffic is useless, non-converting.
    Whats worse is that the 'suppliers' know their traffic is useless, and in the last 12 months I have seen alot of people selling websites that are 'turnkey' with a traffic supplier, and the whole system is just a great con.

Paid traffic might show up in awstats, but using something like google analytics, and often it wont display.

I would love more visitors to my site, but it is better to have 100 genuine visitors, rather then 100k fake's/non-targetted traffic any day!

The only time that I have seen paid traffic as being worth anything is when I have seen site sellers from this forum hiring traffic suppliers, to give fake traffic so that their sites could be sold on this forum for more. I admit that I too fell into this con, brought a site based on its traffic stats.... then after everything was completed, the guy tells me he will send me 1000 fake hits as a thankyou.... and thats when I realised that I had been conned into buying a site that was worthless.

thats the scary thing. For $5, thats a small price to knock out my competitors, and I wouldnt be surprised if it happens alot of times as site owners would have no way to protect themselves against this.

matt_62, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  17. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends entirely on what you're promoting.

If you don't have anything good to promote, stay away.

In my opinion... Paid traffic is NO GOOD for review sites / niche sites / adsense sites.

If you have a email / product funnel that converts well? Paid traffic might be your key to success.

CandleKeep, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  18. DanMcMor

DanMcMor Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm with this guy...;)

DanMcMor, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  19. mkcookin

mkcookin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are both good places to buy traffic from and bad places. You just need to be careful where you spend your money. I believe 2 great places to buy targeted traffic from are:

1. Solo Ads
    2. Facebook Ads

With your concern as to why people don't use their own traffic for their sites -- I know many people create a good income just selling traffic ( A solo ad business).

Basically they work to create a huge list of people on their list, then people pay them to send their message to their list (solo ad).

If you have 100,000 people on your list and you charge 2-3 dollars per visitor (which I believe is around the normal rate) you get around 250 dollars for every 100 click solo ad someone purchases. You can see why it is so profitable ;)

mkcookin, Sep 9, 2013 IP
    TrafficTOM likes this.
  20. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my experience, it's not really worth the money. The best kind of traffic is free word of mouth (viral traffic) that you generate using social media.

ninjamtlt1, Sep 11, 2013 IP