1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you get more followers on twitter

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by sarah12, Aug 29, 2013.

I know there are many member who has a lot of followers but i need to know some basic ways or tips to get followers on my twitter account .

Suggest me some steps.

sarah12, Aug 29, 2013 IP
  2. George T.

George T. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As always you can buy them and this helps you build them easier.

In other ways you have to go manually and try to interact with other users, use hashtags, retweet and add people all day.
    At the beginning it needs work but when you get to one level it will be easier :)
    Good luck!

George T., Aug 29, 2013 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Regularly post something that those who might want to follow you want to read.

Agent000, Aug 29, 2013 IP
  4. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    This has been asked just a few hundred times over the last couples years on this forum but here is my suggestion again..
    Post interesting stuff, if you're targeting a niche then post helpful tips or news about that niche.
    Don't include a link in EVERY TWEET.. don't look like a needy spammer
    Follow those in your niche
    Interact with your followers
    Once you hit a limit, remove those who haven't followed you back.

rinse and repeat

Brandon Sheley, Aug 29, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  5. flegmatic

flegmatic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    flegmatic, Aug 31, 2013 IP
  6. Lasse Nielsen

Lasse Nielsen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, In order to gain more followers on twitter, tweet from a small group you are about to make.
    Select twenty or so twitter users, and just tweet and retweet from them only. You will get more followers that way. Also try to follow the below steps,

1.Keep your profile unique,
    2.Tweet well and tweet ofte
    3.Follow people who follow people that are like you
    4.Ask people to retweet you
    5.Search for tweets with keywords related to your topics of interest
    6.Use hashtags
    7.Regularly unfollow people who haven't followed you back
    8.Repeat your most popular tweets.
    9.Follow everyone who follows you
    10.Use services that allow you to find people by location

Hope this may help you to increase your follower :)

Lasse Nielsen, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  7. DanMcMor

DanMcMor Peon

Best Answers:
    First, create a pro looking profile.
    Do you like a person who comes to your party and tries to sell something to everyone? Nobody likes him. It's the same with Twitter and Facebook, they are social sites.
    Start following people in your niche. Most of them follow you back.
    Start posting tweets. But you should post useful, interesting and non promotional tweets, the purpose is your posts to be retweeted.
    Once you reach 1k followers you can start promoting your websites, affiliate offers, etc.
    It works well if you send Twitter traffic to your second Social site, like Facebook fanpage or Youtube channel, etc. not directly to your sales page.

DanMcMor, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  8. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use a follow exchange site like Twiends or Youlikehits. You follow other people for credits..your credits get you followed. It's a great way to build up a large following. But as always, it isn't about the numbers, it's about how well they like you and all that.

ninjamtlt1, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  9. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try using an auto-favorite program. This is a much better way to gain new followers than purchasing bulk Twitter followers. By favoriting tweets using targeted keywords that you choose, the program helps you gain real followers that are relevant to the brand or the account that you are trying to build. The favorite is just initiating the interaction, and then it is on the user to choose to follow you or not. This leads to a steady gain of real followers. SocialWax (www.socialwax.com) is nice because the program is clean and doesn't favorite spammy tweets. You find them on Twitter at @socialwaxer. Good luck!

SlimCharles47, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  10. flegmatic

flegmatic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just bought 5,000 followers from thinksociable.com for 14$ for my new health niche site.

Since a lot of people recommended this service I gived a try.

From my experience:
    All followers that I received have profile pictures, they all recently tweeted and they all have their own followers. I really didn't expect such a good service for that cheap prices. Yesterday I posted a few tweets and received 134 hits from t.co. Buying twitter followers is definetely a good choice if you have some money to invest.

Now my sites look like a real deal!

flegmatic, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  11. Alicia Tang

Alicia Tang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Everyone I knows follows to follow or unfollow, or like the above posts, keep it interesting and interact with your followers

Alicia Tang, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  12. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You must Re-Tweet, Reasons To Re-Tweet

When broadcasting the message, you should definitelygive credit to the original poster in the way I showed you above. I know at first it may sound likethis will only be good for the original tweeter, but retweeting canactually benefit you just as much if not more because;

1. It provides more value to your followers.
    When you provide value to your followers, you make them happy!You are also more likely to attract followers. Providing qualitycontent is always a great way to build your business no matter whatplatform you use.
    2. It will benefit your brand.
    If you point a reader to a source if good information that is trulyrelevant and beneficial to them, the amount of trust that they havein you will increase.
    3. It will help you build relationships with the original posters.

ktp2012, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  13. bperniciaro

bperniciaro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've just started to use Twitter heavily and these are some techniques I've used:

1. Use the paid version of Tweepi to follow people that are relevant to my industry. I can plug-in an industry leader's username and all of his followers will come up along with important information about their account activities. I then follow up to a few hundred new people per day.

2. I monitor activity related to my industry using TweetDeck and selectively follow users who seems to be active in my arena.

3. I use the paid version of Tweepi to un-follow people who do not follow me within a couple of days.

4. I try to post tweets that are helpful to people in my industry and answer questions that people pose, hoping they'll either engage me or follow me (if they're not already following me).

I've been employing these tactics for a little under a month and have 1100+ followers. Seems to be going ok.

bperniciaro, Oct 16, 2013 IP