1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Is The Limit On How Many People I Can Follow?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Sean101, Aug 23, 2013.

What is the limit (if one) for the amount of people I can follow in a day, week, or whatever? I have followed people before in order to get some followers back, but wanting to know to what extent I can do it without breaking any rules. Can someone let me know please? Thanks!

Sean101, Aug 23, 2013 IP
  2. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    About 150 a day, anything over could get you suspended. Trust me it has happened to me many times.

Dionne Taylor, Aug 23, 2013 IP
  3. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Last time I checked, there was a total 2000 limit - if you hit it, Twitter will require you to have a specific follower:following ratio in order to follow more people. I am not aware of any other limits. In fact, I remember following at least a thousand accounts at once a year or two ago, so that should be technically possible.

Devtard, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  4. emil_vlkv

emil_vlkv Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    https://twitter.com/tos
    Learn your homework. :D

emil_vlkv, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  5. Lasse Nielsen

Lasse Nielsen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, From official page:

The current technical limits for accounts are:

• Direct messages: 250 per day.
    • Tweets: 1,000 per day. The daily update limit is further broken down into smaller limits for semi-hourly intervals. Retweets are counted as Tweets.
    • Changes to account email: Four per hour.
    • Following (daily): The technical follow limit is 1,000 per day. Please note that this is a technical account limit only, and there are additional rules prohibiting aggressive following behavior. Details about following limits and prohibited behavior are on the Follow Limits and Best Practices page.
    • Following (account-based): Once an account is following 2,000 other users, additional follow attempts are limited by account-specific ratios. The Follow Limits and Best Practices page has more information.
    Thank you :)
    Have a nice day :)

Lasse Nielsen, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  6. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you havea lot of followers you can follow more ina day. The absolute limit is 1,000 per day.

ninjamtlt1, Sep 12, 2013 IP