1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need to remove No-follow links in my website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by karthick9, Sep 7, 2013.

Hi friends,

Help me in removing No-follow links in my website. I have more than 300 backlinks for my website and i dunno how to find no-follow links separately and remove. Is there any tool or any method to do this. I think i am having more number of No-follow links with so i am asking with this. My page rank also still exist as PR-1 for last one year.

Give me your suggestion and help me in rectifying these problems.

Thank you

karthick9, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  2. handsoff

handsoff Member

Best Answers:
    I think no-follow links will not hurt you or have negative impact to your website instead they are more helpful nowadays with Google new search algorithm. But if you want to remove them and you are using Wordpress, just edit your post's link 1 by 1 manually. You can do this by deleting the term "rel=nofollow" on every link in the HTML view of your post.

handsoff, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  3. picobello

picobello Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    picobello, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  4. SEO-BOMBER

SEO-BOMBER Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why do you want to remove your no-follow links? It probably won't hurt to have a large number of no-follow links but it WILL hurt your ranking to remove them all.

You want to be creating a natural looking link profile, there will always naturally be a number of each kind of link. I personally would leave things as they are. I'm certain this has nothing to do with your PR.

SEO-BOMBER, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  5. SoftDev

SoftDev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it is in your site posts then you have to edit the posts one by one as mentioned above by handsoff. But if you're looking for to remove the incoming nofollow backlinks then try to use some link analysis service such as ahrefs, majesticseo, ibacklinkpro or the GUI based tool seo spyglass and try to collect all the incoming backlinks and filter the nofollow links and submit them to Google Disavow Tool.

SoftDev, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  6. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you want to remove them? If you have let's say 100 DOFOLLOW backlinks and 0 NOFOLLOW backlinks, there is a big chance for Google to blacklist your website because it will look suspicious to have so many DoFollow backlinks only! ;)

patco, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  7. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you can't manually remove them yourself, write to the site and see how it goes.

Last resort is to use Google disavow tool to disregards those links.

However, a good flow of no follows makes your site backlink portfolio natural.

Kanonig, Sep 8, 2013 IP