1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why some pages dissapeared from Google Index ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by outanmax, Sep 5, 2013.

Hello everyone,

So, for last 7 days my website was getting a good number of visitors everyday. Today, I have noticed that my traffic has greatly decreased.

Later, I found why it greatly decreased. The problem is that some pages has been dissapeared from google index. But why ? Is it temporarily problem or ... ?

P.S. My website is unique enough with unique content etc.

outanmax, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  2. SEOBoss

SEOBoss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Various reasons. Have you confirmed your website with Google WMT. They have index count and also show possible reasons if they can't access certain number of pages.

Downtime, blocked by robots, less backlinks, duplicate content, thin content are among few top reasons why pages don't get indexed.

SEOBoss, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  3. mlao

mlao Active Member

Best Answers:
    many people have the same problem after the last Google update on 24 of August...
    http://moz.com/google-algorithm-change

mlao, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  4. Diego Alcántara

Diego Alcántara Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe your website has duplicated contents. Is there a redirect between www. YOURDOMAIN .com and YOURDOMAIN .com?
    Some Joomla websites have this problem.

Diego Alcántara, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  5. outanmax

outanmax Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, my "www" redirects to "non-www". But I don't think that it is a problem.

outanmax, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  6. outanmax

outanmax Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, I have checked my WMT but everything is ok, even the sitemap says that all pages are indexed. There is not any pages that robots can block or even, there is no any crawl errors now! I don't have any duplicate content. I don't know why this happened but I hope that it is a temporarily problem.

outanmax, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  7. Lasse Nielsen

Lasse Nielsen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Instead of trying to find out WHY it disappeared, I suggest focusing on how you might encourage Google bot to add it to the index.

1. In Webmaster Tools, use Fetch As Google bot to check that it is accessible to Google

2. When you get confirmation that it can crawl it and you can see that the correct content is being found, click the button/link for that URL to be re crawled and added to the index.

3. On your own site, make sure that there is a good, clear, text-based link to it from the home page or other suitable page. You want to make sure that it is not accidentally "orphaned" and the home page is re crawled most often.

Hope your success :)
    Have a nice day :)

Lasse Nielsen, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  8. Masoudfatemi

Masoudfatemi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How old is your site?
    You know, Google has an algorithm called SandBox, They won't confirmed it yet. This algorithm penalizes sites thats started early.
    Or if your site is not new, try to checkout Robots.txt, your Meta tags, your htaccess and your site uptime!
    If everything is Ok, go and fetch your site and click on submit to index, click on submit URL and Linked pages.
    Hope I helped you :)

Masoudfatemi, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  9. outanmax

outanmax Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, it is about ~70 days old but I submitted it to google like 20-30 days ago.

outanmax, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  10. conceptman

conceptman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the fluctuation is common for the first 1 month or so after you get indexed in google

conceptman, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  11. SEOBoss

SEOBoss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And do you add content regularly? I have recently experienced this with a blog of mine, dropped traffic by 20% and i think it was mostly because i stopped adding content. You can blame algorithmic updates as well. I'd love to hear if you figured it anyhow.

SEOBoss, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  12. Diego Alcántara

Diego Alcántara Peon

Best Answers:
    To encourage Googlebot to add it to the index, I think the best way is to put links of your content in Google + and Facebook. This 2 social media are always be visited by the google.

Diego Alcántara, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  13. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please post sitemap and robots details here. Domain with www or without www may be the problem.Ex-

hxxp://digitaloint.com/abcx.html
    hxxp://www.digitalpoint.com/abcx.html

humtuma, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  14. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    What method do you use to check which pages are in the index?
    Like many people here said, is you are a new site, anything can happen. Google is still getting to know you.
    I'd just keep on promoting the site not worry much about indexing. But.. perhaps it's be worth running your site through onpage optimization software to see if there are any weird instructions in robots.txt or in teh code of your pages. However, from what it sounds, you should be fine.

Kianu42, Sep 11, 2013 IP