1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO is this information applicable?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Sycrid, Sep 4, 2013.

Hiya guys,

I wrote this bunch of information about 6 years ago and I have no idea if it was correct at the time or even if it still is. Can anyone just confirm this, and if your interested in SEO, then this may be very good information for you.

Sycrid, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  2. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have defined SEO that is good but in 6 years there are lots of changes, you also have to talk about recent updates in Google search engine which is major change today.

SERPpoint, Sep 5, 2013 IP
    isha189 likes this.
  3. isha189

isha189 Member

Best Answers:
    Rightly said buddy ! I guess he/she is not updated since 6 years.

isha189, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  4. Shoaib Marfatiya

Shoaib Marfatiya Member

Best Answers:
    If you do SEO nowadays,
    There are many changes and very difficult to to chase Google

Shoaib Marfatiya, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  5. peacehammer

peacehammer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I just read through, and here are some things to look at:

Expand on the title tag, as this is important. The description and keywords tag don't have any effect on how pages are ranked.

Spelling mistake: thel inks
    Also, this only talks about links in a fairly general sense. You will definitely want to expand on the use of nofollow tags, and the importance of link building, and the effects of linking out to people.

I haven't seen many people do this any more. Probably because many people find it annoying. if they want to open a page in a new window, then most people know how to do it if they want to.

More important for SEO is the XML sitemap. Really need to cover that.

Also, you talk about the sitemap for user navigation. To be honest, if people are using the sitemap for navigation, there is something wrong with your main navigation. Probably best to work on that.

peacehammer, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  6. Sycrid

Sycrid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome guys. Great feedback... I haven't updated that info in 6 year or longer even, and its good to see that things have changed, as it helps present a new challenge.

Thank you.

Sycrid, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  7. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is the process of optimizing a website for search engines, which most frequently includes making sure the website can be accessed, crawled and indexed by search engines at ease and without errors, and that it is made clear what the website is about (with the help of keywords, structured data, image alt tags, video transcripts, etc.)

You can paraphrase it, but I wouldn't say that search engine optimization is improving your rank (well, it may involve search engine ranking analysis just to see if you're headed in the right direction ). Higher rank is the reward you get for building a great site that gets a high grade form the SEs.

Kianu42, Sep 11, 2013 IP