1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is a site that doesn't exist yet?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BoonPeng, Sep 3, 2013.

So,
    What's a site that doesn't exist yet, but will in the future (and will be a big site)?

I'm thinking a social network, where people make money just by using it.

But in the past, I've had heaps of idea's about what site's we need, but don't have.

BoonPeng, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  2. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A pipe dream.

GMF, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  3. Active Build

Active Build Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely not another social network.

Active Build, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  4. kdsshare

kdsshare Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why not a social networking site ?

kdsshare, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  5. Shole93

Shole93 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are too many and only a few can get big. Thats why. I mean you cant compete with the once that are popular now .

Shole93, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Another Twitter site that allows at least 200 characters. For some reason, I can never jam in all the hashtags I want... 140 characters just isn't enough for me. Anyone want to second that? :)

qwikad.com, Sep 3, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  7. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Sometimes I get really angry when I can't finish my thought.

On the subject of the new site that doesn't exists, I should add, that this site must be unique and do what other website doesn't. If anybody have such an idea, he can become very rich.

VukasinI, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Seems like you're just jumping on the social network bandwagon. I very much doubt a site like that would get off the ground and if I had a "big" idea I definitely wouldn't be sharing it with webmasters on DP... the land of the copycats lol.

dcristo, Sep 4, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  9. BoonPeng

BoonPeng Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They've re-launched MySpace so many times now. Maybe they should try and offer people money to use it. Instead of spending $21 Million on advertising.

BoonPeng, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  10. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    How is offering people money to use a website a good business model exactly?

dcristo, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  11. drfreshllc

drfreshllc Peon

Best Answers:
    There's lots of paid to click and paid to whatever sites out there, possibly just make it more like a social network focused on the user profiles and such?

Get CPA advertisers lined up and broker incentive cpa offers to the members and they get get cash payout in return.. kind of like that cpa offer file sharing site that everyone used to spam everywhere.

Lots of ways for something like that to be plausible considering what's already out there but it'd probably take a lot of time to really develop it and get any traction

drfreshllc, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  12. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is that so many things have been done multiple times in different ways. If you're wanting to build something that has never been accomplished before be ready to fork out money for advertisement or else you could be wasting your time since people won't know to look for it. Look at the sites you love and compare them to the sites you hate. Write down the pros and cons of those sites and see if you can develop the site of your dreams by learning from other people's mistakes. Here are a couple of my ideas:

1. A site that pays magicians to perform magic tricks. The magician would have to sign up, they must be required to have a webcam then a member would pay them a certain fee for a trick they can do which could be listed on the side. You get a percentage of the sale and then so does the magician. You get the idea. There are similar sites out there like this for tarot readings but none for magicians. I think it would be cool to log into a site and pay to watch a magician live. What a great way to save time on finding a magician for a party. This can be done on all kinds of things. It doesn't just have to be magic tricks.

2. Watch your writer work live. How about a website that focuses on hiring writers and then they can work via cam while their client/boss watches them, or something like that?

3. A decent poetry site that's not always changing/upgrading.

I don't know if these are good ideas but just thought I'd toss them out there.

Anyway, good luck on whatever you decide to do!

DreamingBig, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  13. Nathan2222

Nathan2222 Banned

Best Answers:
    I made a site that has keywords of the most searched terms on google but all joined together. There is no site like that and it was suprising.
    Can't disclose the name, yet

Nathan2222, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  14. eamiro

eamiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A website that would help people to save time

eamiro, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  15. HarmoniousQ

HarmoniousQ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you knew the answer to this, wouldn't you be developing it and trying to strike it rich?

HarmoniousQ, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  16. fare

fare Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, there are a lot of potential in the education field. Maybe interactive websites that make learning more interesting and effective.

fare, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    A site that uses your biometric data (you get to sell that gadget to the users) to painlessly give them updates on their immediate and long term health.

It might take you a while to get the team together to do it, but as far as I know that site doesn't exist - yet.

sarahk, Sep 18, 2013 IP