1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need sale from first day

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by great_friend, Sep 4, 2013.

Hi,
    I have just launch the new site (e-commerce) of apparel my target country is US, UK, Russia.
    How can I start sell from first day ?

Any one suggest me any marketing strategy ?

Waiting of your replies.

great_friend, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Bless, nothing is that simple. It takes time and work to build traffic. Even with a big advertising budget potential customers will take time.

sarahk, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    A cheap and easy way to get some early traffic is via PR (Public Relations). Contact the local press in your area and let them know that you are opening a new and exciting business in their area. Even though it will be online and available to anyone, your local press will be more likely to find this news of interest since your business is local to them. Write up a short press release with the business launch announcement and follow up your call to the editors/reporters with this document. Then follow up again a few days later to see if they will write about you. Note that it is always your local press that will pick up your story first because there is a "local" angle to it.

jrbiz, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'd suggest you create 3 distinct sites. One will target ONLY the US. The next one ONLY the UK and the last one ONLY Russia.

I don't think there's a good, working strategy out there that will bring traffic to your site that will convert well when your targeted audience is so vast and blurred.

The US site should be written in good American English, which we know is different from British English. And of course, the Russian site should be in Russian only.

Once you have the three sites in place it will be way easier for you to come up with advertising strategies that will work for each individual country. Then your AdWords campaigns will work well, your free advertising will become more effective, etc. As of now, I don't see how you can possibly make your e-commerce site work.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    qwikad.com, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    How about a Pakistani site? Target a community he knows well.

sarahk, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Agree, especially if it's his/her native language. So many advantages:

- a familiar market
    - he/she will be able to provide relevant customer support
    - an immediate site's trustworthiness
    - AdWords advertising will be less expensive

...just a few off the top of my head.

qwikad.com, Sep 4, 2013 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. Mark.D

Mark.D Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will suggest you try listing your site and what you are offering onto the US market on craigslist first, because US has a vast market to profit for a start, which is pretty easy in getting your first sale, then after you can move to other countries UK and the rest

Mark.D, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    but will that get him sales from the very first day?

sarahk, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  9. Mark.D

Mark.D Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally got my first sales from craigslist for the first time but in a different nitche, so why not , it depend on how you situate your self

Mark.D, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  10. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck on making that sale. Don't focus too much on the sales at first. Just continue to market however you want to. Focus on effective marketing strategies. Social media would be nice and cost-effective too...I'm sure you would be able to get those sales rolling with the right mindset and strategies.

Isadore Gregory, Sep 4, 2013 IP