1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What I'm doing wrong on my website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Fluence, Sep 4, 2013.

I wanted to make my first SEO website and score some good traffic, ranking 1# for a couple of easy keywords.

So I went for my own language keywords (Portuguese):

"programa de dj" - 5.400 monthly searches - low comp (I've bought this emd, my url is: www.programadedj.net)
    "baixar virtual dj" - 9.900 monthly searches - low comp
    "baixar audacity" - 3.600 monthly searches - low comp
    "baixar skins para virtual dj" - 880 monthly searches - low comp
    "efeitos para virtual dj" - 1.000 monthly searches - low comp
    "virtual dj em portugues" - 880 monthly searches - low comp

I've made one page for each keyword, I've used anchor texts, youtube video, wikipedia link, original content on each page, alt+title on every image, h1 titles with keyword, legit download links to the content, no ads, etc.

I'm amazed by not going to the first page, when there's no competition for those keywords...

But looking on my visitors tracker: http://extremetracking.com/open?login=prgdedj
    I got a average of 50 unique visitors per month (yes I wrote month, not day).

I don't know what can I do anymore to the website to rank it 1# and get visitors.

I've been looking on a couple of forums, and they all talk about backlinks with <100OBL, Social Bookmarks, Blog Comments, PDF links, Forum links, etc., I believe it's just all about backlinks.

But my question is, if I spam the Internet with backlinks to my website, will I rank?
    Or there's another consistent and better method to rank my website?

Fluence, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  2. Michael Levanduski

Michael Levanduski Active Member

Best Answers:
    First thing first. How long have you had the site up? SEO takes time. Weeks at least, sometimes months.
    Next, is your site fully indexed by Google, Bing & Yahoo? If not, get that done!

For SEO, backlinks are important. They are how the search engines find your site and give it the rank. That being said, DO NOT spam your link out there all over. You really only want your link to be on pages related to your site. I don't know what niche that is, but find other blogs & forums in that niche and get some links through commenting and posting. DO NOT SPAM. DO NOT BUY LINKS.

Also, start using social media to get some good traffic too. I get 95% of my traffic from social media and forums. VERY little from SEO. SEO is the lowest quality traffic you can get (though still important)

Good luck!

Michael

Michael Levanduski, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  3. royalstar_23

royalstar_23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    In On page optimization I would like to know if you are taking care of Keyword Research and Analysis, Anchor text optimization, content optimization, Alt tag optimization, 301 redirect, info.txt,robots.txt etc depending upon the shortcomings that will come in front through website analysis.

In order to take your rankings to another level you need to do some important OFF PAGE tasks like Article submission, blog optimization, forum posting, press release submission, RSS feed submission, submission to Social bookmarking websites and blog commenting etc etc etc so that you are able to witness top ranking at a faster pace.

Let me know if you need any help, I would like to assist you on the same,..

Regards,

royalstar_23, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  4. resultfirst

resultfirst Member

Best Answers:
    Ideally a website get some 5% - 10% of total clicks (if ranking in top 3) so this way you should get some 1000 total visitors (including unique visitors)

resultfirst, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  5. AppyArry

AppyArry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are these search "Global" or "Local"? If Global, 50 unique visitors are genuine. If local, then the visits are "OK".

As per your thread, you are trying to target the keywords with "Low Competition".
    Low Competition = Fast Ranking : May be you are targeting the keywords which your customers are not typing in to search for.
    High Competition = Hard Effort and Slow Ranking : May be sooner or later you will have a position with more backlinks that your competitors has it. And after a panel of time, you will get good visits.

Always remember, competition is higher for the keyword which is being searched more.

- Don't ever do this. This way, your website will not rank and even though it will rank, Google will soon punish your website and harm your ranking.

: I checked a few of your keywords and came to the conclusion that their is a competition. Although the competition is low, you need to come up with the new backlinks to get into the top position.

Alternatively, i suggest you to follow below steps:
    Target more keywords with low and medium competition.
    Generate more valid backlinks from high PR websites.
    Do more social bookmarking and forum posting to generate relevant backlinks.

Hope this inormation helps you in some way.

AppyArry, Sep 4, 2013 IP
    sigmainfo likes this.
  6. Fluence

Fluence Peon

Best Answers:
    You know, what worries me is that SEO is very unpredictable.

You're saying to generate more backlinks, bookmarks, etc., but the question is, how many? For how long?

Fluence, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  7. AppyArry

AppyArry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, SEO is predictable but the result of SEO is just unpredictable. That's the challenge.

As much as your competitors has. If you are at 10th position, you need to increase backlinks to come to the 9th to beat the backlinks of website ranking on 9th position. This is a continuous program which never ends. Altough making a brand will let your website at the top and for that you need to invest money.

These days people focus on PPC to generate leads rather than investing time, effort, money etc on SEO to wait long for the result.

AppyArry, Sep 4, 2013 IP