1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kick start your WordPress blog in few minutes: For A Newbie

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by SEO Content Demon, Sep 4, 2013.

1. First of all a good domain name; I think it should be related to your niche but not necessarily to have keywords; a niche related domain name can work well if you go well with rest requisites.

2. Secondly, you need a reliable host - It depends on your needs, whether you want a single domain hosting or unlimited hosting. You can opt out for Host Gator, Blue Host or Site Ground. My personal experience with Site Ground is good enough for single domain hosting.

3. Now, just go ahead and install WordPress on server.

4. It’s the time to write a neat description for your site. A crispy, keyword rich and to the point description.

5. Well, finding a good theme is a time consuming work. Paid themes are preferred choice but with a good research around, you can find some suitable free themes as well.

6. Now the plugins. I use these essential and basic plugins on each of my WordPress blogs:

· Authorize Jetpack with your wordpress.com account for stats, sharing and other striking features.

· Then get a key for Akismet to avoid spam comments.

· All In One Schema.org Rich Snippets – this plugin offers you to post rich snippets in your posts. Rich Snippets have become important now a day.

· All in One SEO Pack – A good one for SEO purpose. Just fill out the necessary fields in Configuration Panel and set it go work for you.

· Google XML Sitemaps v3 for qTranslate – It generates the XML sitemap for your WP blog or site. Quick, easy and simple to implement.

· kk Star Ratings. – Star rating is another good thing to make your posts look better and enhanced visitor interaction

· MaxBlogPress Ping Optimizer – It sends the pings to a number of pinging sites and avoids repetitive pings on each modification in post.

· W3 Total Cache – Increases the performance of your blog in the terms of speed and visitor experience.

· WordPress SEO – An optional plugin if you don’t wish to go with All in One SEO. It works well too.

Now you can update content and get some quality backlinks to your site. If you devote a good time and dedicated efforts on a regular basis then I am sure that your blog or site will perform well on SERPs.

It’s just my point of view. I may be wrong at some points but that’s what I could share as very basic WordPress start ups for a newbie.

SEO Content Demon, Sep 4, 2013 IP
    lokeshthegeek likes this.
  2. solarbluseth

solarbluseth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I know a good hosting company that offers free themes, Auto install, Recommended plugins and more for $100. Why because we love to help people get started with their websites correctly for the first time. Most hosting companies are not going to answer any questions about SEO, let alone WordPress. Be sure to check out the latest deals and save yourself some trouble.

solarbluseth, Sep 4, 2013 IP