1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with Google search after website was down for 3 days.

Discussion in 'SEO' started by goldensea80, Sep 3, 2013.

My website gains approximately 3000 visits per day and increasing steadily due to natural process, no spamming or black hat technique. But since it's on a shared host, I upgraded it to VPS for more performance. Unfortunately, the processing was too long and the website was down for 3 days. Now the website doesn't show up on Google search result with usual keywords, even the domain name (ie. romajidesu), as a result the traffic drop to 1/3 of normal.

Has anyone experienced similar problem? How long will it take to regain the normal traffic? And what should I do now?

Thank you very much!

goldensea80, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  2. sunilmamo

sunilmamo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This happened to me before when my host's server had a problem due to a defacement attack and was down for 1 week. But after I added my site's Sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools (GWT), the indexing of pages recovered after a few days. So just make sure that you add your site to GWT.

sunilmamo, Sep 3, 2013 IP
    goldensea80 likes this.
  3. goldensea80

goldensea80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I did that and the traffic gradually come back! (y)

goldensea80, Sep 4, 2013 IP
    sunilmamo likes this.
  4. sunilmamo

sunilmamo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great! Glad that I could be of help.

sunilmamo, Sep 5, 2013 IP