1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To make money online, do i need a website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Howard Lim, Sep 2, 2013.

I must say, If you want to make money online, one of the easiest ways is to have your own website.

Having your own website is like having a store on the internet where people come and buy your goods that you are selling on it. Well, that is how i am using all my websites now.

Unlike in the past, the world today is inter-connected with the power of the internet and that has transformed the internet into the best market place the world has ever known. Anything that you sell on your website can instantly be assessed by anyone in the world, no matter where they are, or what time it is.

Your website is like a virtual store, waiting for people to stop by and browse through all the goods that you are selling. Being able to effective utilize your website would allow you to able to live a comfortable life or pay off those extra bills or giving you some extra spending power. The key is how you use it.

Now, then you would ask. How do i get people to come and visit my website/virtual store?

Well, good question and one fairly simple to answer. There are many methods and in the World of the Internet, these methods are labeled as traffic generation.

Traffic Generation is like telling everyone on the internet and in the world: "Hey my virtual store is here, come and visit me!"

To give a few examples, you can buy advertisement in the form of banners from popular websites or search engines which is similar to buying a television ad. Or you submit information to directories and leave your link beneath your information. Or something really trending currently is to create a promotional video about your website and upload it to youtube!

Another important thing to a website is a domain name. A good domain name is like having a good location to a physical store. It enables people to be able to find your online store easily. A good domain name should be highly related to your niche or to the products that you are selling, that way people will know what to expect when they see your website name and it will also aid search engines to identify you when people search something using particular keywords.

For those who are considering whether or not to create a website, i hope this helps. :)

Cheers

Howard Lim, Sep 2, 2013 IP
    werliyu and Snoopy240 like this.
  2. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GREAT Tips man! - I agree with you!

I may add that you should do a deep keyword research before you buy your domains. Especially when you are building niche sites. Make sure you pick a short and sweet domain name but it is also a keyword people search for. If your intention with the website is to get free organic traffic from the search engines then you should do a keyword research before anything.

Anyways...

These are great tips man! thanks again...

Much success!!

Snoopy240, Sep 2, 2013 IP
    Howard Lim likes this.
  3. amiluvu

amiluvu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even you can make money online! Yes, it is true.

There are many legitimate ways to earn extra cash and supplemental income online. Nowadays, anyone can do it.

If you want to bring in some additional income to help with the household bills, save for a vacation or get yourself out of debt, there are many websites online to get you started. You don’t have to be highly experienced or have a long resume to work with any of these four websites to begin making money online.

1.Textbroker
    Textbroker works with people from all over the United States to write very basic articles on a wide variety of topics. For instance, my first Textbroker article was on the topic of how to care for a mattress. I spent a few minutes finding a few articles online as my resource and quickly typed up the short article.

Although Textbroker does have an application process, it is very light and almost everyone who can use proper grammar, lives in the US, and speaks English is quickly accepted.

The greatest benefit of writing for Textbroker is their quick weekly pay to your PayPal account.

2. SliceThePie
    SliceThePie has to be one of the coolest websites for making money online! Get paid to listen to a song and then write a brief review to give the artist your feedback.

Although this gig doesn’t pay enough to count as a job, it is something you can do any time, day or night. Additionally, SliceThePie pays to your PayPal account a few days after you withdraw your funds (provided you have reached the minimum $10 cash-out threshold).

There is no application process, just sign up and begin earning money. SliceThePie is a fun way to make some extra cash when you have a few spare moments through the day.

3. Fiverr
    Fiverr is making a huge wave with freelancers online. Anyone can make money using Fiverr. Just create an account and begin thinking up things you can do virtually for five bucks!

Whatever your specialty may be, from proofreading articles to giving tips about how to feed an iguana, there is no limit! You can also make things (like a pair of earrings) and sell for five bucks, just add an additional shipping cost that the buyer will be responsible for.

Fiverr is afun way to make money, however, they do keep a portion of your earnings (everyone’s gotta make money). After Fiverr keps their portion and you pay your PayPal fees, you usually see around $3.77 per gig. So, keep that in mind when brainstorming the services you will offer at Fiverr.

4. QuickTate
    QuickTate is a general transcription company that mostly deals with transcribing voice mail into text. It is a fun job, listening to other people’s phone’s voice messaging system and typing out what is said.

Unfortunately, QuickTate doesn’t pay much for this work, but their application process is very simple and easy to pass.

Many people use QuickTate as a way to gain some general transcription experience and ease their way into becoming a genuine freelance transcriptionist. Working online at QuickTate is a great way to hone your typing and listening skills.

Anyone can make money online. These are just four of many websites people often use to make a little extra cash or supplemental income. For more ways to make money online and even ways to work full time from home be sure to visit Work at Home Adventures for home based job leads, reviews of companies offering work from home jobs, and tips or advice for surviving the online freelance world.

amiluvu, Sep 22, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  4. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Nope, you don't have to have website.
    You can do investment for other person.

Investing in online business is good way.
    It can get you high ROI by just sitting in front of computer for about 1 hour a day.

I have investing ideas about youtube adsense for video
    We can start business just with around 50$ and get money next month.
    If interested, we can talk more or look on my signature.

petr_ind, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  5. chuckgs

chuckgs Member

Best Answers:
    Youtube is a great way to make money. We all know "Charlie bit me" right? The owner of the video made over $500,000.
    You don't need a website to make money online, all you need is a good idea.

chuckgs, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  6. OlegLola

OlegLola Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but it's just a spontaneous success. And it won't last for a long time. If you want to launch successful online business, you need a strategy and to work hard.

I wonder why does such ideas struck the public?

OlegLola, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  7. mkcookin

mkcookin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree. Having a website will allow you security in owning your own content. While sure you can make money through Youtube, Free websites like blogger, or selling services -- but the thing is they can ban your account on these sites no questions ask.

If you have your own domain and hosting you have 100% ownership of your site. On top of that if you start building an email list, you then have loyal followers who are eager to hear what you have to say and pay for what you are selling to them.

The last part is finding a few different traffic methods and master them. This way you will have continuous traffic coming to your site, and if one of them fail then you can lean back on the other ones to keep growing your business and making you money.

mkcookin, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  8. werliyu

werliyu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well said man...

In order to get other people to come to our website, site optimization is very important. Before going to start a new website for any money making purpose, it is best to do some research about keyword, niche and other areas.

werliyu, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  9. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's definitely a lot easier to make money online if you have a website, because ti will be the core your online business.

ninjamtlt1, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  10. Marketing King

Marketing King Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post, very insightful, some nice tips.

Marketing King, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  11. karthikmllore

karthikmllore Active Member

Best Answers:
    starting a website/blog can be hard these days. You need to invest a lot of time and investment to get popular in a short while or else it can takes years... my suggestion is to buy an already established website related to the niche which you are concentrating on and then monetize it by using PPC ad networks, affiliate ads, product promotion etc.

however, owning a website is not actually necessary (believe me, not everyone will have time to maintain one). you can earn by directly sending people to a affiliate product which you are promoting using PPC advertising or just create your own product, put it up in the marketplace at any of the affiliate marketing sites and let the income flow to you thanks to the hard work of all the affiliate marketers out there who promote your product...

karthikmllore, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  12. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    3 Steps To Newbie Success
    So, what tools do you need?
    1.A Website...
    You may have heard it before, but until you get your own web site, you will not have very much success with your marketing efforts.

2.A Product...
    Now, when I first heard that I had to have a product of my own, my first thought was, “There is no way I can create a product.” If you're just starting out, I'm sure you probably feel the same way.
    3. The Traffic
    Now that you have your system created, it's time to start driving traffic to your lead capture page. There are millions of web pages on the Internet. If you don't have any traffic driven to your site, chances are pretty excellent not many people will see it. So, in order to get any leads into your system, you need to drive traffic to that system.

ktp2012, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  13. adams201

adams201 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are no short-cuts or tricks. You can't just slap any old rubbish on the Internet, and expect to make a quick buck. It doesn't work that way with website ....! good luck

adams201, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  14. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you're just starting out, you don't necessarily need a website.

You can use free platforms like Wordpress or Blogger, but then sooner or later you realize that it's a lot better when you have your own "place" where you can post whatever you want and no one is going to moderate it....Well, except Google lol

bl4ckmaN^, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  15. kks21199

kks21199 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just post some useful files with ad links and now i earn around 30$ per month online.And the bext part is that i am just 14 xD

kks21199, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  16. shorte.st

shorte.st Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Having a webiste opens a lot of opportunities - there's more ways to monetize the traffic you have than you can imagine :)
    Build a website or use an open source CMS, find a niche (yes, I know - easy to say;) and you're ready to go :)

A tip from my site - experiment!

Take care mate!

shorte.st, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  17. hbsjcd3

hbsjcd3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Having a website is nice BUT...It all comes down to traffic. You could have the best and most beautiful website in the world BUT if you don't generate any traffic to the website, NO ONE will know about it and therefore you have 0 chance to make money with it. I know of many affiliate marketers that have been in business for 4 or 5 years and NEVER had a website and have been very successful SIMPLY because they are experts in traffic generation.

hbsjcd3, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  18. shorte.st

shorte.st Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That's true - website is just a tool. it's just part of a bigger whole - in lean approach it's just 1/9 of the success :)
    Think about your skills and about the users. That's the true power :)

shorte.st, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  19. hbsjcd3

hbsjcd3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Speaking for myself.... I rely on Youtube to get traffic to my offers. My offers are other people's product which I get an affiliate commission on. So I have no website, but still make decent income.

hbsjcd3, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  20. kks21199

kks21199 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, he best place to share your things is on facebook, youtube and somewhere place. Share it and make some important files to be in your site. So they will visit your site and you will get traffic. When you get more traffic, your website itself have chances to be listed as the first website.

You could use blogger.com . It has enough free traffic.

kks21199, Oct 10, 2013 IP