1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Generating Reports in MS SQL Server 2008 or above

Discussion in 'Databases' started by neweraprime, Jul 17, 2013.

How can we generate reports from a MS SQL Server database.

neweraprime, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  2. SE-Go

SE-Go Member

Best Answers:
    There are several options that I have used in the past.
    1. Microsoft SSRS (or Microsoft Reporting Services) is a reporting service that is an optional feature of SQL server.
    2. Crystal Reports is a "standalone" reporting package that you have to buy separately.
    I'm sure there are others. I do lots of work in both of these packages, but don't really like either one. Using these reporting packages requires you to bend your mind a bit to understand what you have to do to make it do what you want it to do.
    The Low Down: If you have SQL Server, you already have SSRS. Your best option is to install it (if you haven't already) and start using it. But realize that if you haven't used it before, you will be pretty much lost. Find some tutorials and help on the web ... or hire someone like me :D

SE-Go, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  3. Flatliner86

Flatliner86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The SSRS is defenitly the right way. With Crystal reports you cannot create reports. Also there is a small Report builder tool in the ssrs Server that can be used by end users. The SSRS is implemented in the bussiness inteligent Studio, also installed with the SQL Server.

Flatliner86, Sep 2, 2013 IP
    Pie-Rate Kiing likes this.