1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Happened to Hostgator?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by oyunindir, Jun 14, 2013.

12:36:10pm)
    Karen M.:Welcome to HostGator Live Chat Support. My name is Karen and I am here to assist you with all of your billing and technical support needs.
    (12:36:26pm)
    Ugur:Hi Karen
    (12:36:54pm)
    Ugur:First i must say, your live chat is so so low
    (12:37:09pm)
    Karen M.:Hello there! I will be happy to help you today. I apologize for the inconvenience.
    (12:37:18pm)
    Ugur:Your fast live chat was why i choose hostgator at the past
    (12:37:45pm)
    Ugur:Anyway
    (12:38:09pm)
    Ugur:My account migrated, but noone asked me to do it and i didnt confirm anything
    (12:38:21pm)
    Ugur:I was out ow town for a week
    (12:38:33pm)
    Ugur:I coudnt check my mails
    (12:38:47pm)
    Ugur:And when i got back i sow my account migratd
    (12:38:59pm)
    Ugur:My download links at my site is not working for 2 days
    (12:39:21pm)
    Ugur:And i lost 300$ from my download affiliate system
    (12:39:38pm)
    Ugur:Why didn't you wait for my confirm to migrate my account?
    (12:39:52pm)
    Karen M.:Have you updated the name servers that were sent in the ticket?
    (12:40:15pm)
    Ugur:Look, i use --------.com at a different server
    (12:40:17pm)
    Karen M.:These will be
    1st: ns3137.hostgator.com
    2nd: ns3138.hostgator.com
    (12:40:27pm)
    Ugur:download.------------.com is from hostgator
    (12:40:54pm)
    Ugur:so i dont need to change nameservers i created a A Record for download.----------.com
    (12:41:01pm)
    System:Chat session closed due to lack of network response from Ugur after 300 seconds.

Why live chat closed, and why they migrate my account and change my Nameservers
    Dont they ask me before take action?
    Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
    oyunindir, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  2. vpsguru

vpsguru Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh , what is going wrong. I have vps server on hostgator and this will build up my confidence to.

For now , my vps work great. I have also trouble with support chut (30 minute wait for operator answer) but I dont know better provider.

My hostgator vps are on linux server and, because that , i must have great support and sturdy, stable server

vpsguru, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  3. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What happened to them? They were bought by EIG. EIG is known for buying good hosts and running them into the ground, unfortunately.

WSWD, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  4. Hostname.club

Hostname.club Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I really don't like HostGator's live chat, because you must wait at least 5 min. until seeing reply from their supporter. I think that's easy to find another hosting provider with better response time. :)

Hostname.club, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  5. palsman

palsman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are this is correct ?
    their support is very very bad since 6 month.

palsman, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  6. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is correct. It is a very well-known fact in the industry.

WSWD, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  7. ruzler

ruzler Banned

Best Answers:
    Agreed, EIG happened to HG, customer care level is low on them, I don't know why they don't care about their clients, but this is a fact.

ruzler, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  8. hosting_spec80

hosting_spec80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know Hostgator as a provider with a world name which has WordPress recommendation and provides Anytime Money-Back Guarantee.So, If you don't like the quality of hosting, you may request a refund within the first 45 days of sign-up.

hosting_spec80, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  9. MGwebmaster

MGwebmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's weird that there are so many dissatisfied users of Hostgator but it has only positive feedbacks: http://www.irdb.com/hostgator/
    Its hosting is one of the best but isn't cheap.

MGwebmaster, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  10. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Half of the review sites are probably ran by affiliates so this is the issue here. As for customer care I run my business on my own and can still assist every customer without having a huge team. If it's not broken why fix it? So why sell up when the ball was rolling just fine before?

Original Hosting, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  11. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Umm yeah... unless you have been hiding under a rock, you should know that hostgator was sold a while ago. I was a former hostgator user, and the previous support staff were unmatched in terms of customer service. Here is an example, of why everyone loves hostgator, when I moved my reseller account from them they offered my up to 3 months of free hosting (i didnt take the offer)... I never told them that I was leaving them due to the server being overloaded, but that is an example of how the staff at hostgator would bend over backwards to help me. I might even try to find this email... it wasnt quite 3 months offer, it was along the lines of "3months or until your business becomes profitable".

Your nameserver issues? the old hostgator staff would have had that fixed for you, or at least, given you the link to the hostgator control panel, and your username and sat with you onlive chat until the issue was resolved. However, since they have been sold, things have changed. I have been told (may or may not be correct) that all their former support staff have been let go. Additionally, we knew weeks ago that they would move all users from hostgators current servers into a new datacenter.

Of course, everyone will still continue to promote hostgator as their affiliate payouts are $50!

Mind you, if your domain name is with hostgator, then let me tell you that I think they have the worst control panel for domain names! Moving the names over to namecheap was one of the best decisions that I have ever made, even if you stay with hostgator for hosting, you should still move your domains out.

matt_62, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  12. kevinmc3

kevinmc3 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am the latest victim of Hostgators demise! Yesterday they did the migration on my site to their new servers (likely due to their new EIG status) and as a result I have been OUT OF BUSINESS for the past 24 hours. My site is down with no indication the Hostgator team knows what they are doing to resolve the issue. As a matter of fact, the tech support responses I am getting are quite frightening! I was once in love with Hostgator. They were one of the best services I ever used. Was issue free for over a year. But, as they say, all good things must come to an end!! Now to find a new hosting service and get my business back online. .....

kevinmc3, Aug 31, 2013 IP
  13. tentwenty

tentwenty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hostgator got bought by EIG and now support has went down the pan.

tentwenty, Sep 1, 2013 IP
  14. bigove73

bigove73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2 of my money sites are down and hostgator takes for ever to respond to a ticket and they never answer your question. I guess both my sites are gone, these people now have no clue and their solution is to close my account lol. Hostgator Sucks Now!

bigove73, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  15. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    do you have any recent backups of your site?

matt_62, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  16. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    After purchase of Hostgator by EIG group, they are not able to provide quality services which they used to provide early. There servers has been down for 2 to 3 days. Support quality has also been gone down. So I would recommend you to find alternative to Hostgator.

King-Servers, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  17. xcesslogic

xcesslogic Active Member

Best Answers:
    We have also seen that since last few months their support and live chat specially is not working well. But overall Hostgator is good. So I hope they will improve quickly

xcesslogic, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  18. thuthuatwordpress

thuthuatwordpress Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yesterday, there was a sudden loss of data for all my web source, i did nothing related to my shared host account
    Finally, i had to pay $15 for a backup service, this may be caused by a data transfer or something with security.
    So, a very important for all users, not only hostgator but also all hosting service
    Do the backup right now, save your web source and sql database!

thuthuatwordpress, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  19. Baker Jaz

Baker Jaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have left Hostgator ever since it was bought. Been with them for 7 years. Quality of service for Hostgator has been a pain with the new company that bought them.

Baker Jaz, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  20. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    NOTHING HAPPENED here at least,

They sent a warning letter WEEKS before telling everyone,

So was Hostgator nor supposed to switch because the OP was out of town,

Such a silly thread ;)

sundaybrew, Nov 9, 2014 IP