1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Change Domain Name

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mlmsoftjpr786, Aug 29, 2013.

Hi Friends,
    Anyone can tell me, I want to change the domain name of well ranked website in SERP, Is it possible to retain the same keyword position?

mlmsoftjpr786, Aug 29, 2013 IP
  2. murrc2

murrc2 Active Member

Best Answers:

Yes of course. You can do so using a 301 Redirect. Message me if you need any help.

murrc2, Aug 29, 2013 IP
  3. full_throttle

full_throttle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As murrc mentioned, it's best to use 301 redirects to maintain your link juice. A 301 is telling the search engines that your website or URL has permanently moved. However, you must redirect every single page to it's new home, you can't simply redirect the homepage and everything else will follow.

You need to change the rules with code in your .htaccess file, I believe. It's best if you keep the same link structure on your new site as that'd be the easiest. If you have hosting through one of the bigger guys, their support will help you!

I hope this helps!

full_throttle, Aug 29, 2013 IP
  4. royalstar_23

royalstar_23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Answer is above already .. 301 is the best solution for your website....

royalstar_23, Aug 29, 2013 IP