1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

secure buying and selling ?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by harsom, Aug 26, 2013.

Hi

I've never sold a domain, or bought one from someone that is not a domain registrar.

a domain buyer must be sure that once he pays - the seller won't run off at him, without transferring the domain.
    a domain seller must be sure that once he transfers the domain to the seller - the buyer won't run off at him, without paying.
    a third party should hold the domain and payment until both sides did their part of the deal.

so my question is what third party service is everybody using for domains ? escrow.com ?
    I understand sedo has one built it and so do domain registrars as goDaddy and namecheap (right?).

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    harsom, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  2. Alin Alex

Alin Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    You already answered your question within it.You are right in all points.CheerS!

Alin Alex, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  3. harsom

harsom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    escrow.com is the answer ? it's the standard ? in case I correspond with a buyer or a seller I can demand to do business only with escrow.com in the picture ?

harsom, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  4. Alin Alex

Alin Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is either Escrow, or if its a small amount of money like 30-40$ you can ask him to send it in PayPal but as "for familly and friends".Thats if he trusts you.Also be carefull with eBay.Domain names being sold in the "Domain Names" category are not covered by the buyer protection.Cheers!

Alin Alex, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  5. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You're correct. Sedo, GoDaddy and Name.com all have their own in-house escrow system. All of these are safe to use and completely reliable. Escrow.com is another great company that is 100% reliable and will also work if you're selling an expensive website (not just the domain)

FPForum, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  6. beaman4

beaman4 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can use godaddy marketplace or escrow .

beaman4, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  7. harsom

harsom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking that I should ALWAYS use escrow.com unless I'm using one with an in house escrow service like sedo, godaddy etc.
    is there a reason not to ? why do you recommend not using escrow.com if the amount is low ? is there a down side in using escrow.com ?

harsom, Aug 27, 2013 IP