1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Infinite Page Scroll Good Or Bad?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by ReferralCandy, Aug 5, 2013.

Some sites use infinite scrolling, but a lot of big names still stick to the old-fashioned page-by-page browsing. I personally prefer infinite scrolling - got hooked on it the first time i discovered Tumblr.

Advantages of infinite scrolling
    - Especially for companies with large inventory, it doesn't confuse visitors by jumping from page to page searching for a product they remembered seeing (and liking)
    - Faster to load a long page than to open up multiple pages

Disadvantages of infinite scrolling
    - Will crash slow browsers
    - Overexposure of products, user feels overwhelmed, doesn't buy anything

Infinite scrolling works for live social media feeds like Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. But does it affect eCommerce stores in the same positive way? What about conversions and SEO capabilities for infinite scroll versus page-by-page browsing? Which do you prefer? :)

ReferralCandy, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  2. sigmainfo

sigmainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally don't like infinite scrolling. But when it comes to an ecommerce website, if your customers are interested in buying then he would definitely go for infinite scrolling to find the best product to make a purchase and this way the conversions will be good.

sigmainfo, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  3. OliverTrent

OliverTrent Peon

Best Answers:
    I separate it in to the most common customer on the site. If the site generally converts a buyer on first visit, endless scrolling can work better than pages. If you have customers buy only after they leave and return however, pages allow the visitor to easily relocate what they wanted to buy. This of course varies from site to site (some sites may have more of a technical capability to retain cart contents etc). Testing is the true key to knowing for sure what works best for you.

OliverTrent, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  4. Jntuhub Kartheek

Jntuhub Kartheek Active Member

Best Answers:
    infinite scroll will dynamic loading..

See example, If u open a page it loads only what u appear , & if u scroll down then it loads extra content for next view.

This benifits huge low page load time , good user experience .

Jntuhub Kartheek, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  5. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In my opinion I find infinite page scrolling very annoying, I like to be able to bookmark the product/page I was interested in then maybe come back and look at it again easily.
    Having multiple points of entry to your site will also benefit you by ranking the different pages/products for different keywords.

Helge Sverre, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  6. OliverTrent

OliverTrent Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a few pros and cons to each, made it a little simpler by just talking about it in a video!

OliverTrent, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  7. OliverTrent

OliverTrent Peon

Best Answers:
    Just as an afterthought - infinite scrolling can be god for showing product variations. I.e. you have one design, printed on different things, t-shirts, hoodies, mugs, posters. It could be used to showcase different color combinations too. At a design level the infinite scrolling makes a lot of sense, although there are only a few types of product where this example would work.

OliverTrent, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  8. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    infinite page scrolling is good but its mostly up to user computer speed, internet speed and what browser they used.

creativewebmaster, Sep 4, 2013 IP