1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Max Security for a Web Tech

Discussion in 'Security' started by ayonbit, Aug 10, 2013.

I am having problems with advanced security problems on my work computer. It is a mac laptop and I am dealing with harassment from one, or more, insidious hackers.

Some recent examples would be: Changes to my social media accounts, i.e. Facebook and Twitter info changes. I have full security enabled within FB and there are no open sessions or suspicious access visible through their account security pages. I can only imagine it's session hijacking but am not sure.

Another recent problem I had was after posting 1/2 dozen items on Craigslist within a few hours every single item started receiving harassing reply messages. Not bot generated, custom written. All came through within a few minutes of each other. I have used CL for some time and never seen anything like it.

There has also been evidence of access to my email accounts but the ip sessions don't show anything, as well as possible ecommerce site account access.

I am fairly well secured but apparently it's not enough. I use Lastpass for password hashing with a browser plugin. I have Sophos AV, Donottrackme, mac firewall on max (do not accept incoming connections), an outbound application layer firewall and am behind a cisco high security router of which I change my IP regularly.

All of this seems not to matter. I also have formated recently, and regularly. I don't know if I have a rootkit or a keylogger I can't get rid of, someone is session hijacking, or something else. But somehow he/she/they are monitoring all my online activity and I need some suggestions.

I have looked into using a VPN service recently but I am not sure that is really going to do anything for me in this situation, besides the problems the service may cause with my day to day operations and online accounts.

Very open to suggestions here. What else can I do?

ayonbit, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  2. MonsteRNaruto

MonsteRNaruto Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest a VPN isn't really going to help as its more for remaining annoymous online so people don't get your real IP etc, as it sounds like their is something on your computer coursing information to be leeked or stolen, I would suggestion looking into some better aniti virus software and making sure everything is uptodate, Also make sure you change your passwords.

MonsteRNaruto, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  3. ayonbit

ayonbit Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Any ideas how this person is tracking me?

ayonbit, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  4. MonsteRNaruto

MonsteRNaruto Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not an expert with the Mac OS as im more into Linux/Windows, I can do go through basic things, But I would suggest you post this on https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa To get the best answer for you.

MonsteRNaruto, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  5. ayonbit

ayonbit Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanx for the link

ayonbit, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  6. MonsteRNaruto

MonsteRNaruto Member

Best Answers:
    no problem :)

MonsteRNaruto, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  7. bostenrose

bostenrose Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For complete PC protection, TechGenie’s free Antivirus is the ultimate shield you require to safeguard your PC from all kind of online threats. Logon to your Facebook account and download TechGenie app @ https://apps.facebook.com/techgeniepcoptimizer/

bostenrose, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  8. MonsteRNaruto

MonsteRNaruto Member

Best Answers:
    Your using a facebook app to secure your pc? If so I would suggest you revise your security ^^

MonsteRNaruto, Aug 26, 2013 IP