1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Different PR for www and non www pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by anuragswebstreet, Aug 25, 2013.

Hi All

Is it possible to have different page ranks for www and non www versions of home page of a website? If yes, explanation is anticipated.

anuragswebstreet, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  2. seo4me

seo4me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. It is possible. If you have not redirected your non-WWW version to WWW version of your site, Google may consider it two separate pages and assign different page ranks to it. Consider Canonical URL's for your home page. Also, you may be diluting your SEO efforts to two different pages.

seo4me, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  3. anuragswebstreet

anuragswebstreet Member

Best Answers:
    Hey

Could you please explain me how this page rank split carried out or some article or blog you can share with related to the same. What if I am creating back links using www version only, so according to me the importance I receive should be distributed equally to all versions. So why there is a difference in page ranks?

anuragswebstreet, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  4. seo4me

seo4me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Refer this blog article: http://www.zencartoptimization.com/2007/07/02/are-you-loosing-google-page-rank-because-you-forgot-the-www/. Importance is not always distributed equally.

I hope this answers your queries.

seo4me, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  5. anuragswebstreet

anuragswebstreet Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a ton seo4me..Much appreciated!!:)

anuragswebstreet, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  6. sailvanetwork

sailvanetwork Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    www is a sub-domain, if you don't use www-redirect, of course they have different pr and other data.

sailvanetwork, Aug 26, 2013 IP