1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Trends of 2013?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by satishathreya, Aug 21, 2013.

Hello Friends,
    Can anyone explain your views on 'New Social Trends of 2013'.......Share your experience with me...everyone should get this useful and valuable information from u..Thanks..

satishathreya, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  2. Stephen Moyers

Stephen Moyers Member

Best Answers:
    Nowadays social media are most essential part of your online marketing strategy. I personally follow so many trends. But I suggest being more active on different social media platform like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google Plus and many others. Secondly, I suggest you to engage with your users on your social media platform. Some time its fine if you required then you are going to invest in paid campaigns on social media.

Stephen Moyers, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  3. Luke_Z

Luke_Z Member

Best Answers:
    There is a good article on social examiner about the new social media trends of 2013

In the end, facebook is predominant and twitter plays catch up and still growing faster than last year. Also, you need to be everywhere! The 4 major social media sites (Fb, Twitter, LinkedIn, G+), web 2.0 content marketing sites, podcasts, youtube, pinterest etc...

But there is an evergreen strategy for marketing in social media sites: make connections and real friends!

Luke_Z, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  4. Gregp1970

Gregp1970 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that Facebook is the most dominant social network out there. I don't ever think that google+ will ever catch up, but I think twitter will. The young people out there have migrated over to twitter because of the fact that adults have "taken over" facebook. I think twitter will pass facebook eventually in the races because lets face it, kids are the ones will the most time on their hands to be interacting on social media and they are the ones who determine which site is going to grow. But new emerging social media like circle (app) and grownsupsbook.com will gain many followers. I read an article of grownupsbook and it was created by a teacher who wanted more privacy from his students. Its supposedly a site similiar to facebook where just adults are allowed. Seems like a pretty good idea to me to give adults their own social networking site kind of like how the kids use twitter as there private one. I don't think adults will ever completely migrate over to twitter.

Gregp1970, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  5. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    You probably are right. However, I think Pinterest is gaining as well. Perhaps will be more important than You Tube at some point. People don't always have time to watch videos.

BoostSoftware, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  6. J.D. Augz

J.D. Augz Peon

Best Answers:
    I read some reports that say Facebook is still king but slowing down. Twitter is still growing consistent. Google+ is gaining slowly. LinkedIN it seems is experimenting with its identity, not sure if it will catch on with social sharing features. I'd keep an eye out for Vine and Instagram with their micro video model.

J.D. Augz, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  7. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook might still remain #1 as far as a sharing site, but G+ works well for conversations. I like the hangout feature -- well everything except having to video chat. LOL

Alyssa Lochmore, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  8. TonyGE

TonyGE Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Greg1970 would be right and somehow wrong, that twitter might surpass Facebook's spot. Right... for the fact that Twitter has been increasingly more dominant compared to other sites, except Facebook, in terms of social networking output. I know, in my own thinking, adults can easily migrate to Twitter. Wrong, for the fact that Twitter can only get the number 1 spot not just by having youngsters but getting the oldies' support as well.

TonyGE, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  9. Lasse Nielsen

Lasse Nielsen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, With social media usage continuing to rise I have begun searching for new digital apps that I can use. I recently found an app, LogoGrab, that takes many of the digital trends you outlined and streamlines them in an easy to use application that allows companies to use their logo as a QR code. Companies are able to place their m-commerce, data, social media and company information on one launch page. I not only found the app helpful but it is also quick and easy to use. Thanks. Have a charming day ! :)

Lasse Nielsen, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  10. TalentScout

TalentScout Member

Best Answers:
    No - Facebook is powerful only if you pay to reach your own audience. Facebook has changed in that page updates do not go out to all fans - only to about 10%(which they determine themselves) If you select to use Facebook advertising to show your posts to all your fans - then you can reach them.
    Twitter is set to become bigger, and bigger!

TalentScout, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  11. vimalaranjan

vimalaranjan Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a need to connect all social networking sites together, such as e-mails

vimalaranjan, Sep 1, 2013 IP
  12. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, social media sites have become main point of business, website promotion there is no doubt to it really... apart from promotion, you can get benefit in SEO, as they give social signal to Google.

alex06295, Sep 1, 2013 IP
  13. neelsharma

neelsharma Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I think Google + and Pinterest both are great social networking sites, and helps to drive good quality of traffic too.

neelsharma, Jan 20, 2014 IP