1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Classified Website Development

Discussion in 'PHP' started by surajpatel4ever, Aug 23, 2013.

Hello Friends,

I am planning to create / start new Customize classified website. But, I am not sure Wordpress is better or PHP is better for free classified website?

If I will develop / customized PHP based Free classified website and once free classified website fully developed then after Is there required any Web Developer for free classified website maintain or Non Programming person Admin can easily handle Free classified website?

Please Suggest me Admin can handle PHP based free classified website without help any developer.

surajpatel4ever, Aug 23, 2013 IP
  2. samyak

samyak Active Member

Best Answers:
    Suraj,

First of all, please note that while PHP is an programming language, Wordpress is an application built with PHP.

I am guessing what you are trying to ask is whether to build the site based on wordpress or built a customized site from scratch with PHP. The answer to that would depend on what kind of functionality/features you expect on your new site. WP is a great Content manager and it features can be translated to build the "free classified website". Might bring down the cost of development too. However, the custom site built from scratch can contain exact features you want, but will cost more on development.

Reagarding admin section, if built right, custom site can have better interface to handle the classified ads and should be easy enough for the non-developer to manage the listings.

samyak, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  3. surajpatel4ever

surajpatel4ever Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks samyak. So, PHP is best & Admin Back end easily access without technical or PHP programming language. SO, It is possible to back end section if more spamming?

One more que. is How to stop spamming or bad word content. Big classified website like OLX, Quikr there own staff to review all ads manually. But in my case not possible to see all ads mannually and then approved it. Any Spam filter software or List or Bad words or any other way to stop spamming.

Any other way to stop Spamming or bad word content. Please Suggest me.

surajpatel4ever, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  4. samyak

samyak Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you can add captcha to your forms on front end to ensure that actual people are submitting the form. This will control most of your spam. But then again, actual people might submit irrelavant/spammy contents too. There isn't really a good alternative to moderate these submissions manually.

As for bad words, you can create a list that users wont be allowed to enter. You can either delete these words automatically, or warn users to change their words when entering the content. I have done this in several of my projects. You should ask your developer to create a bad words manager in the admin section.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
    samyak, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  5. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Its easy to create your own classifieds site with the best php classifieds script - AJ Classifieds. It is the advanced classifieds script with the rich set of features. Easy to create and manage your classifieds site with AJ Classifieds.

rashida, Aug 25, 2013 IP