1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best backlink analyzer?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by solidcodes, Jul 3, 2012.

1. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Open Site Explorer is a site similar to yahoo search explorer. You can check all your site backlinks here. It s the search engine for links. http://www.opensiteexplorer.org/

rashida, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  2. seoBear

seoBear Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I found WebMeUp's backlink tool recently. Their slogan "the fastest-growing backlink index" seems to be true. At least they find far more links than OpenSite Explorer already and get very close to aHrefs.
    Moreover it's free (I also like that fact very much :))

seoBear, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  3. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I use SEO Spyglass, Don't care much for the other web based one, because they just seem to want to squeeze money out of you.

Helge Sverre, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  4. rajkumarr

rajkumarr Active Member

Best Answers:
    With my experience "Rank signals" is the latest and very good back link analyzer!

rajkumarr, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  5. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ahh yes RankSignals, I forgot about that one, they have a nice add-on to chrome as well, very highly recommended

Helge Sverre, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  6. HostMayo-WK

HostMayo-WK Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i dont seem to find the best one....some gives me some links and others don't...I can't find one comprehensive back link tracker which can give me true picture of the backlinks my site actually has.

HostMayo-WK, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  7. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    evelinawilliams007, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  8. ArunkumarGudelli

ArunkumarGudelli Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Iam using http://www.seokicks.de/ which is the best backlink checker I have seen.We can export backlinks into CSV foramt also

ArunkumarGudelli, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  9. fugenx01

fugenx01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes majesticseo site is the best backlink analyzer.

fugenx01, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  10. Robert Ralph

Robert Ralph Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there - why not go and read the words of someone who analysed 1 million links to find out how the best backlinks tools compared with each other?

http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/experiments/ahrefs-majestic-seo-1-million-domain-showdown/

Matt Woodward found that AHREFs was head and shoulders ahead of the rest. Here's a summary of the comparison with Majestic, for example:

upload_2013-8-24_12-12-40.png

Majestic, SEO Spyglass etc do get some links AHREFs misses: but overall AHREFs gets tons more backlinks than any other toold out there, right now.

If you want more info - check out the blog post - there is a lot of heated debate there! Very interesting.

Rob

Robert Ralph, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  11. Robin James

Robin James Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is an extension in Google Chrome names as Quick SEO. It si from RankSignals and you can check you back links here. or Moz Explorer is also good

Robin James, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  12. h2unite

h2unite Member

Best Answers:
    Of of the recent tool that I have used is actually rank recon. Google rank recon and you should be able to see it. It gives you analysis of not just your own backlinks, but can also compare your standing with a competitor to see which area you are lacking in. Best part, it can even analyse social signal like face book likes and tweets. On the whole I think it gives a comprehensive report on the backlink status on any site.

Other then that it would really be majestic SEO. Even though you have to pay a monthly fee, it is totally worth it as it breaks down almost all the backlinks that is pointing to a site. both existing and deleted links. If you are trying to rank for competitive keywords and need to analyse backlinks frequently, this is really something that you should go for.

One often overlooked tool is actually market samurai. It's competition analysis would also serve more or less the same function. Considering that this is a one time fee, it might be appropriate if you are just starting out.

Johnson

h2unite, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  13. Robert Ralph

Robert Ralph Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Johnson - did you see my post above? I quoted Matt Woodward who analysed millions of urls and came to the conclstion that Majestic SEO only found a small fraction of the backlinks that AHREFs found. So I would caution about paying money for Majestic.

You can get an indication from their free service.

Best, Rob

Robert Ralph, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  14. andish

andish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My vote goes to 3 best online tools:
    Open Site Explorer
    Ahrefs
    Magestic SEO

andish, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  15. h2unite

h2unite Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Rob,

Did you actually do a simple test by yourself?? So far, most if not all the test that I have conducted is actually the reverse. Majestic SEO found a lot more backlinks when compared to ahref. Do a simple test, search the warriorforum[dot]com in both MajesticSEO and Ahref, you can see that the results differ quite a bit. Majestic SEO also can find out what are the backlinks that have been remove to help you analysis if a particular backlink provider is worth keeping or not.

It is up to individual, for me I actually use both tools for different purpose and something even together to get a better ideal of a particular domain. Majestic allows me to quickly identify what are the strongest backlinks of a site and if those links are live or not. It also shows me edu and gov backlinks easily so I can really have a good gauge of how realistic a site can maintain or even improve on the ranking.

h2unite, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  16. Robert Ralph

Robert Ralph Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's interesting to have your feedback too.

I haven't tested this myself because I don't really need to know all the backlinks for a particular domain.

When I check for backlinks it's to check the backlink profile for a domain am thinking of buying. And normally any of the backlink tools can give me an idea of the backlink profile of a domain am thinking of buying – to see if I'm being scammed and someone has just boosted the PR to try to fool me.

But if I wanted comprehensive backlinks for a domain – for example, to see what my exact back link profile was – then I would want to use a variety of backlinks tools – majestic, Ahrefs, Seo Spyglass – and add them all together as they will all find some that the others miss.

You'd have to do this, for example, if you had been hit by Google update and wanted to assess your backlinks profile so you could tweak it to come within Google's parameters.

Anyway, I thought Matt Woodward's analysis was interesting (http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/experiments/ahrefs-majestic-seo-1-million-domain-showdown/) ...not least because of the very active discussion in the comments which gives good insights. He is knowledgeable and has put a ton more time into this than I have!

Thanks for your feedback too.

Best, Rob

Robert Ralph, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  17. h2unite

h2unite Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Rob,

I went through the post that you mentioned. You were right, very interesting stuff! I hope I didn't sound offensive, I appreciate your contribution in the thread. Like you, I would use more than one tool to get the job done. I am still digging through the comments on the page. Haha good recommendation! Thumbs up ;)

h2unite, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  18. Socialfbs

Socialfbs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As per me the best backlink analyzer tool is backlinkwatch.com
    I have been using it from quiet some time and it is working good for me.

Socialfbs, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  19. Yasir Lodhi

Yasir Lodhi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have often used majestic seo for really deep analysis.

Yasir Lodhi, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  20. prince786

prince786 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    alexa was cool but now on free account, you can only see 5 links ... I use ahrefs.com

prince786, Aug 27, 2013 IP