1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Web dirctory Submission Is beneficial after Google Algo Updates?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Paresh Shrimali, Jul 31, 2013.

After Google Algo Updates--Google Panda & Google Pengium,

Google give too much importance on content quality. In past (1& 2 years), All people are submitted bunch of directory with same content. now is it beneficial?

A per my thinking it is "Duplicate submission" what You people Say.....????????

Paresh Shrimali, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  2. John Michael

John Michael Member

Best Answers:
    I agreed with you that Google give too much important in past to directories but the scenario is change now. If you still want to use directories then you should use it quit.....quit wisely. Aah, Content quality is really the best activity on this time which is definitely give you more and more backlinking and you should definitely spend your time in that area. you can use, guest post, articles submission to different directories like ezine, zimbio and also explorer site like hubpages, etc.

John Michael, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    If google cared about content they would have actual content filled web sites in their search results. For the last few years most google results , at least the first 10 go something like this.

1. Wiki
    2. Dead Link
    3. MFA Site
    4. Site that has NOTHING to do with what I am searching for Site.
    5. Get me out of here this page has a virus Site
    6. MFA Site
    7. Site that has NOTHING to do with what I am searching for Site.
    8. Dead Link.
    ... and so on.

Mia, Aug 2, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  4. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A better question might be...

Is google still good for organic results?
    I think there is plenty of reason to say that many queries now are dominated by paid results with not a single organic above the fold on most monitors.

dvduval, Aug 2, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow and Renatus like this.
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Depends on the search but this is not true for the most part. Think of the global amount of searches and how many of those would have all paid ads above the fold. It's a minuscule number in the scheme of things.

Also, although in the past the average user may not have been able to distinguish between a paid ad and an organic result, I don't think that's often the case anymore, as searchers have become more google savvy and have a better understanding of how google/adwords works. This is why it's a fight for google to look for more creative ways to encourage clicks.

dcristo, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  6. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, for example, I use Ad Blocker Plus so I just about never see Google ads and therefore support more of the sites that worked hard to build their organic results.

dvduval, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  7. Renatus

Renatus Member

Best Answers:
    Web directories will always have a role to play in curating relevant sites according to categories. That is why Google is going all out on spammy web directories because directories do influence search engine results.

Renatus, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  8. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see Google going out specifically for directories at all, just low quality websites and many thousands of link farm so called directories are of course considered low quality websites. It's business as usual for legitimate directories.

stoner3221, Aug 5, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow and Renatus like this.
  9. Alex jones

Alex jones Member

Best Answers:
    What ever the policy and implementation of Google is, we are supposed to following the rules laid down. If we start thinking that google is not paying attention to content then it would be wrong.

Alex jones, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately there is a gross misinterpretation of the "rules" at this time. That's a bigger problem.

Mia, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  11. tornado!

tornado! Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google's rules are designed to earn them money. The confusion surrounding Google's rules are also designed to confuse and obfuscate their true intentions - to monetize anything and everything they can. This will occur by taking more money out of industries (ie. SEO) and funneling it into one of their properties (ie. Adwords).

Google gives little importance to content, but instead ranks based on signals. These signals almost always favor Google owned properties and big brands. If you are a little guy, chances are Google has put the screws to you already or will in the very near future.

The best thing people can do is try their best to avoid Google's influence in their lives and online businesses. Remove Analytics from your sites, drop Adwords, close that Webmaster Tools account, drop G+, etc. Google collects all this data so that they can devise ways to make more money by taking that money from your wallets.

I think Google looks at directories as sites that take money away from them. Ideally Google would love to see all webmasters using Adwords to bid up the already ridiculous prices for many keywords. For this to happen Google will have to kill SEO, and most reasonable people can see that this is precisely what Google is doing now.

Don't expect any government agencies to come to the rescue of small businesses and webmasters either. Google's relationship with the NSA is likely responsible for their free pass to do as they please - providing they keep feeding the government data.

tornado!, Aug 20, 2013 IP
    Renatus likes this.
  12. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Directory is still very useful.
    I have seen many posts stated if directory is already dead. No, A good and respected directory is still very useful to improve rank and gain trust in SERP.

Actually Google didn't think high any directory. All directories are remain the same. However, they have several parameters which will increase/decrease the value of directory.

So why people think directory is not useful anymore? The answer are simple.
    1. Google didn't like directory which 'just add the site without proper and deep research'.
      Let's ask this question:
      - Did you ever see a site listed in several directories with same title and description?
      - What do you think about it?
      I think Google already did good job to 'force' all directories to 'carefully research a site before listing it'.
      When Google see a site has same title in so many directories, They wouldn't reduce the value of that site (except the site with spammy links). However, the directory would be devalued. Google think it is no coincidence the site has same title and description in so many places. So any directory which list site with same description and title would be categorized into 'low level directory'.
      Here are simple explanation:
      - Directory which list site with same title and description basically is dummy site which never check the site before listing it. A good rule to list a site is check it first and then carefully make deep research about the site.
      - Directory which has same title and description is lazy directory (editor) which depend on each submission for title and category. Google hate lazy directory (editor) because it will lead to 'low quality stuff' appeared in search result.
      - A good rule for directory is not to list as much sites as possible. A good directory is when it can be used as references for both SE and visitors.
      - A good directory is when the editor work really hard to keep is as useful as possible.
      - It is impossible for good editor to use same title and description for each site that will be listed in the directory.
      In conclusion, a directory which uses same title and description is just like as 'Dead Directory' or Directory without good editor. A Directory without experienced editor is not deserve to be called as directory.
    2. Google didn't like the use of automatic software to submit the site. Please read the reasons below:
      - Actually there is no different for both automatic and manual submission. A submission is just submission.
      - Google didn't like automatic submission because the software was used to manipulate SERP and spamming other directory with crappy links. Basically, the software was created to make it easy to submit a site. However, this lead to one simple thing: So many 'bad directory' shown up.
      Example:
      There are directory A, B, C till Z.
      A bad directory is a site which didn't check the site before listing it. A bad directory is just like 'garbage/dummy site'. Each automatic submission to directory A till Z above give no effect to the site.
      So how about manual submission?
      I already said there is no different for both manual and automatic submission. To prove it, you just need to add your site manually to the same directory above (A till Z). Even if you use manual submission along with different title and description, there would be no effect at all.
      Why? Simple. Google hate that directory so each site listed in every categories get no benefit at all. It mean, whatever method being used (manual or automatic), the result would be same. It is all about quality.
    3. Using different title and description in the site wouldn't help either.
      Why? Simple. Google didn't think that directory as 'good reference'. When Google devalue a directory, any site listed in every category would get no effect.
      So, it is pointless to use 'spinned title and description'. Once a directory is devalued, there is no point to add the site to any category.
      Do you think Google will love your site after you have different title and description in every directory? No. Google is very smart. When they sense a directory is not worth as directory, they will put a hammer and smash the directory.

A best way to spot bad directory is by comparing it with another directories. If majority of listed sites use same title and description, Bump, the directory will be devalued.
    So, we learn several thing:
    1. Automatic and manual submission has no difference.
    2. Google hate automatic submission because it often being used to spread spammy links plus it make so many dummy directory shown up.
    3. Sending a site with unique title and description wouldn't help at all. It is about the directory and not the submission. When Google deem a directory to be 'spammy directory', any sites listed on it will get no effect at all.
    4. Good directory will only list a site after they carefully check the url.
    5. A good directory is when it has good editor.
    6. A good editor would not list a site with duplicate title and description.
    7. Google wish directory owner to work really hard and check any URL before listing it.
    8. Google wish sites owner to only submit sites to respected and established directories.
    9. So, Why so many sites lost their rank and traffic? Simple, Because Google take the points they previously got from dummy directories.
    So, to answer your question:
    "How Web directory Submission Is beneficial after Google Algo Updates?"
    => Directory submission is still the same as before. You just need to avoid submitting your site to bad directories.
    If you previously submit your sites to only 'good directory', you will see no effect at all (sometimes lots of improvement in term of rank and trust level).
    However, if you previously submit your sites to 'bad directories', Just prepare for 'low rank and trust level' because you have lost so many points you previously had.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    Arick unirow, Aug 20, 2013 IP
    Renatus, sunilmamo and stoner3221 like this.
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You've hit the nail on the head. Google's job is to successfully separate their advertisers from their money. Too that end, the rules of the game have changed in an effort to improve on that, not the other way around.

I've got oodles and oodles of emails and phone calls over the years from Google showing me exactly how to help them bilk their advertisers, from the placement of ads to the position and size of ads to use.

Mia, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  14. Renatus

Renatus Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing new to me. I'm already using Piwik instead of Analytics, removed GWT, and even went as far as closing down the whole Google account. I've actually seen improvements in rankings for my directories since then. Google is definitely tapping on the statistics from these tools to tweak and manipulate their search results.

Renatus, Aug 23, 2013 IP