1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Raw Question: How Much Are You Earning As An Affiliate?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Snoopy240, Jul 23, 2013.

Hey Affiliate Marketers!

I just wanted to be straight up here and ask this question.

How much are you currently earning as an affiliate marketer?

I just want to ask you because your answers will help many other people believe they can earn money online too.

This will give many people HOPE and MOTIVATION to earn money online.

Be honest with your answer and let's help others succeed online :cool:

Snoopy240, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  2. TotallyAffiliates.com

TotallyAffiliates.com Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

I'm earning a consistent 12-15k (GBP) a month from UK finance CPA with ppc.

It took a while to get going but once I found what worked it was essentially rinse and repeat.

Be interested to hear how others are doing.

TotallyAffiliates.com, Jul 24, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  3. bigznet

bigznet Member

Best Answers:
    I've been affiliate marketing for nearly 10 years...

How much you make really depends on the niche you're in and the programs you choose. Over the past decade I've done extremely well with affiliate marketing. It took me about a year to get into full swing, and since then I've consistently made a six figure income every year.

During that time, hot niches have come and gone. Financial products (ie: loans, credit, debt, etc.) have always been a good place to be, but since the financial collapse several years ago, they haven't been nearly as profitable. I still do OK in this niche, but times have changed...

Another hot niche that only lasted a few years was RX / pharmacy programs. At one time, it was fully acceptable (and legal) to provide prescription drugs online. Prescription diet pills, ED meds, etc. were REALLY HOT! I did extremely well in this niche for 3-4 years until federal regulations killed everything.

The newest niche that I've been targeting is electronic cigarettes (see my sig). There's lots of profit to be made and it's not overly competitive yet. These products are growing in popularity among smokers since they eliminate the harmful chemicals and smoke. In fact, I just saw a news story about their growing popularity on the evening news last night! Ever seen the "Blu Cig" commerical on TV with Stephen Dorff?

Besides finding a marketing angle, choosing the right product / service is the ultimate key to making lots of money in affiliate marketing. One thing I've learned is that you must constantly adapt to stay ahead of the game. Eventually, hot niches become oversaturated and the profit making potential drops significantly. Getting in early is the key... and choosing the right products / services will determine your ultimate success ;)

bigznet, Jul 24, 2013 IP
    Digital_shubhi and Snoopy240 like this.
  4. HostPlanz

HostPlanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OP, this question has been beaten to death on the internet. I can tell you're hoping to see answers with attractive figures like the one given by the first person to reply, because you stated that you're looking for hope and motivation. What's funny is that you also requested honest replies. If the users here were to really give you honest replies, you're not going to get that hope and motivation you're looking for. The reality is , these questions usually bring out the liars and while those lies might be good for your motivation, its definitely not preparing you for the "real world" and you're being setup to run into failure when you realize what a lengthy and costly process it can be.

bigznet, cool story, but you didn't answer the OP's main question.

HostPlanz, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  5. lilc800

lilc800 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My biggest single payment was $1,700, I've earned here and there also but that was my biggest payment which was made over 3 days THEN I ran out of money to keep the campaign going.

lilc800, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  6. bigznet

bigznet Member

Best Answers:
    I think I answered the question HostPlanz... and I provided supporting information to my "story"...

I agree with your sentiment about this question (it's been asked a lot!), but there's nothing wrong with looking for a little motivation. We all need it from time-to-time! Secondly, I wouldn't agree that these questions bring "liars". Everytime this question gets asked there are plenty of people who respond by saying they're not making a dime or haven't broke past just a few hundred dollars per month.

Obviously, some people will hype-up or exaggerate their numbers, but I think it's safe to say there are a lot of people making good money in affiliate marketing -- along with a greater percentage who aren't making anything. It's not an easy business by any means, but there's definitely potential. It all comes down to some of the points I mentioned in my previous comment -- strategy, hardwork, consistency and willingness to adapt, etc...

bigznet, Jul 26, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  7. Mikemasbiz

Mikemasbiz Member

Best Answers:
    I agree Bigznet, strategy, hardwork, consistency and willingness to adapt to the ever changing world of Affiliate marketing. It's our mindset of sticking at it and adapting to different opportunities that come along, taking advantage of them, working it to death and moving on to the next one! Sorry this is my first post and I hope to get some ideas from this forum and get to know people here. Cheers, MIke

Mikemasbiz, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  8. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of money can be made from affiliate marketing or even selling your products direct online. How much you make depends on the amount of work you put into them, how much you test things, and much knowledge you already know about what you are doing, etc. You'll find that when you first start affiliate marketing you may not earn much or may find it hard, but the longer you do it, the easier it becomes. I've been doing it for over 10 years with success. I'm not going to say how much I earn as personally I don't think it benefits anyone. The reason for this is because just because someone earns x amount doesn't mean you will earn that amount. Affiliate Marketing is not something you can just do overnight, it takes a lot of time to learn and a lot of work needs to be put in to it before you start seeing results. All the best, affiliate marketing is definately worth a try.

john269, Aug 22, 2013 IP