1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get started on developing iOS apps starting from ZERO programming skills?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Luke_Z, Aug 21, 2013.

Hi everybody!

I would like to wet my feet in programming and I'd like to know more about developing an iOS application.

I know almost nothing about programming, so I'm looking for any resource about the subject for very, VERY beginners.

Thank you very much!

Luke_Z, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  2. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is your friend buddy.

Start with searching things like "how to become an apple dev", "how to build apple apps" that kind of thing.

You will need an Apple Dev account. And you will need the iOS 7 SDK and Xcode 5 for developers.

There are also some helpful and informative videos on YouTube about it.

Best of success to you.

PS. To enroll in the iOS Developer Program costs $99 per year.

Mkcoy, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  3. Luke_Z

Luke_Z Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mkcoy! I'm already googling about that, but as always there is a ton of information!

I just needed some recommendation on a course or a website from where I can learn the ropes and that has quality informations :)

I'll start with a developer account and the sdk! Thank you!

Luke_Z, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  4. Sukhraj Grewal

Sukhraj Grewal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  5. marht

marht Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Luke_Z,

You can learn to start building apps and learn other program languages on CodeSchool.
    Here's a link for you to your iOS course: http://www.codeschool.com/paths/ios

I have learned jQuery there from scratch, but I don't know if iOS is a free course.

Hope this helps you out,

Kind Regards,

Maarten

marht, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  6. Vooler

Vooler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you know little of HTML and JavaScript (which are not so big deal to learn) you can still give it a go and strengthen your skill to build applications for iOS, Android, Black-Berry, Windows Phone, Symbian etc using single platform that is very popular these days. Check out MoSync, they have many tutorials and documentation as well. http://www.mosync.com/ . This way you not only build native apps for iOS but for other platforms as well [from same source].

The best part is if you also learn C++ in future you can mix that as well within HTML + Javascript based applciation in MoSync.

Wish you luck...

Vooler, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  7. Richard Vallée

Richard Vallée Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I found Appcelerator Titanium to be a good starter platform. Objective-C is absolutely horrible programming language (though some will disagree, it's a matter of taste obviously). Titanium uses primarily Javascript (compiled to Objective-C) so it's a much simpler syntax.

Their documentation is fine to get started.

You can get started with a basic Hello world app under 20 lines of code.

Richard Vallée, Aug 21, 2013 IP
    Vooler likes this.
  8. crazyblogger

crazyblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    My suggestion would be to learn C first and than you can go to any other language you want. Learning C might be a bit difficult at first but its all worth it.

crazyblogger, Aug 22, 2013 IP
    Vooler likes this.
  9. kric

kric Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google is great for info. But lots of it is out of date, and code samples are touch-and-go as to if they work any more (they use features or API calls that Apple deprecated looong ago)

I'd use lynda.com - there are a few people on there giving current iOS courses. It's all up to date, and video based too. I think the first month is free.

kric, Aug 22, 2013 IP
  10. enormous

enormous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go to the Apple Developers University and take their courses and you will learn exactly what you need to know along with them helping you each step of the way with building your first simple app. https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/university/

Enormous

enormous, Aug 29, 2013 IP
  11. vasvigupt

vasvigupt Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to learn develop IOS then firstly you need to learn language objective c. Mostly ios applications are developed in objective c. You should need to learn objective c and do practice from easy programs to complicated programs

vasvigupt, Aug 29, 2013 IP