1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

seo friendly domain name suggetion

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by satyajit.sadhukhan, Aug 17, 2013.

hi friend , i m starting a new web hosting company.
    need help in domain name suggetion.
    please help me.

satyajit.sadhukhan, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  2. akselsson

akselsson Member

Best Answers:
    Having the word "host" in the domain wouldn't hurt. It's just hard to come up with a good domain with that word in it, because good "host" combinations are already taken. You can use a domain name generator to find free combinations. There are many such generators available, one example being impossibility.org.

If you know some PHP or other programming language, you could also download a list of, say, positive adjectives and create a script that reads the file and appends the word "host" in the beginning or at the end of the adjectives. Then you could run this list by bulk whois search (for example, GoDaddy has one) to see which combinations are available. I've used this trick in the past and have found some neat free domains ;)

akselsson, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  3. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use the Google Adwords Keyword tool, and search for keywords under "web host" with only 1,000-5,000 exact month searches. A good (SEO friendly) keyword is one that is in that zone that also returns under 100,000 hits from a phrase search ("in quotes"). Then check a domain registrar site like namecheap to find out if that phrase (or a variation) is available.

melprise, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  4. sevaa

sevaa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yeah i agree why dont you use the keywords tool generator to have an idea,or if not so why dont try using a unique name.

sevaa, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  5. Alin Alex

Alin Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    zoobhost,tirehost,sikohost,kivahost,edayhost,venihost,jumahost,netihost,gajahost,hostwe,hostatix,hostfilez,hostonica,hostvarium,hostallion
    This are just some, and they are all availble in .COM

Alin Alex, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  6. RealDavidTurnbull

RealDavidTurnbull Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Careful about "kivahost". With organisations like Kiva.org, the branding power might be diluted.

RealDavidTurnbull, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  7. Alin Alex

Alin Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't do any reseach on these names whatsoever.I just found them and listed here.Its OP's responsability to research the name he choose,if any of those or others,for any trademarks and such.I was just giving him some ideas.Thanks for pointing that out tho.Cheers!

Alin Alex, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  8. Kawish

Kawish Active Member

Best Answers:
    What would be the name of your company? Adding your company name in the domain would help. Ranking would be difficult as it too competitive niche.

Kawish, Aug 21, 2013 IP