1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New WordPress eCommerce platform: will it survive?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Mark Essinger, Jul 18, 2013.

1. publishdaily

publishdaily Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    how much if you design for me?

publishdaily, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  2. SystemOAD

SystemOAD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Looks great, I can't wait to see it and test it and have just requested an invite! :)

I tried a number of shop plugins for wordpress last year for a new gothic store I was setting up, but they didn't offer what I need, so I had to reluctantly change the store to zencart (took a while to redo the template and everything lol), but if GOSU works well with any theme and custom themes I would love to change the site back to wordpress.

Just a couple of questions about GOSU please...
    1.Will we be able to import products and categories like you can with easy populate v4 for zencart?
    2. Will you have a royal mail (and custom courier) postage module?

Those are the two most important things for me as with those it would be much harder to setup and manage my store's' fast and easily!

SystemOAD, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  3. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

We offer a wide range of customization services and can help with it if needed. I don't think that creating such custom form will be a problem. So, I think we can do it without additional payments.

yaros, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  4. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Thank you for your invite request! Our system will have an easy import products option. We know how important it is and paid special attention to this issue. As for royal mail module we do not plan adding it to the first version of GOSU commerce, however, we can add this feature specially to your webstore.

yaros, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  5. SystemOAD

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sounds good :)

What have you got in place for postage options? I know a lot of online stores need different options from a one for all price to different prices depending on weight and location, is that something we will see in GOSU from the start?

That's what I have from the royal mail module in zencart, so as long as we have something that can give customers different postage prices dependant of weight, size and so on, that would be fine. But out of interest, how much would you charge for doing something custom like the royal mail module I am talking about?

SystemOAD, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  6. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Postage options are in development stage now. I am afraid of saying something exactly and giving any promises right now. But what I can guarantee is that the prices for customization services, including such things like connecting postage modules, will be most affordable in the industry without loss in quality of course.

yaros, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  7. Female1

Female1 Banned

Best Answers:
    Looks like a useful but i saw your http://gosucommerce.com/developement/what-do-you-think-about-our-dashboard.html & read fist comment .. what you want to say about that ?

Female1, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  8. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A rude guy of course... but we give everyone a possibility to express feelings:)

yaros, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  9. Female1

Female1 Banned

Best Answers:
    Sound good Yaros .. Keep it up .

Cheer's :)

Female1, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  10. SystemOAD

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    lol I didn't even see that comment, maybe you should blank out his bad words yaros as it don't look so professional on your behalf to leave such language on the site, even if it is user generated comments.

I did notice that a few people commented on your site asking about price, but no one has answered yet, I know you're still in the early stages, but could you give a rough indication on what pricing might look like for GOSU please?

Also, will you be adding a way to add promos to products and categories? That's another thing I for one use on my stores and I know a number of our clients also use such features, so its another thing which many people will look for in the features.

On that note, do you have a features list yet? A list of what will be included in the first release/beta and what you hope to add in future updates would be very helpful so we don't have to keep guessing and asking lol :)

SystemOAD, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  11. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

I think, you are right, we will remove this comment:)

As for the price... For this moment it is planned to set $19 per month. This offer will include a platform with all available features and modules, themes, free hosting (if needed), free installation and a personal support manager he can contact anytime through his GOSU webstore dashboard.

I can't give a list of features now but our aim is to offer all necessary faetures needed for eCommerce website, including options for promos of course, and without additional fees.

btw, before our beta release we want to provide some eCommerce experts and webstore owners with demo version of our system to get to know their opinions. Please, let me know if you would like to participate in the testing process? It would be interesting to know your thoughts and first impression of GOSU platform.

yaros, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  12. jacobnicholas1

jacobnicholas1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I
    imho this folks just try to keep atmosphere informal. So they did not eliminated that comment. :)

jacobnicholas1, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  13. SystemOAD

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's best for your site and business if you do, the commenter didn't mean anything bad by the looks of it, just someone being silly, but when silly comments like that with bad language are not moderated it can look bad on the site.

I always filter out such words on my sites/blogs and if someone persists in continuing after being warned I would remove them! On that note, it might also be wise for you to change so that guests can't comment, or if they can it must be approved first.

Sounds good, but I'm not personally sure about the pricing, but then again I'm one of these that will use something free if I can, so I guess only time will tell on the pricing plan, but from what I have seen so far, people will to pay for a solution like this should be happy with that price?!

I would be happy to help where I can mate, I'm quite busy with work, but I'm sure I can push some testing in for something I could use and that looks as nice as this :)

SystemOAD, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  14. vwtom

vwtom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It seems good - I wonder how it will work?

I am using WooCommerce now, it wasn't "dead simple" to install, but it wasn't bad.

vwtom, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  15. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

I agree with you and must admit that WooCommerce is a nice plugin, however it is really not always simple to install and run it, especially if you want to use your own theme. Our mission is to give a customer an opportunity to set any template he desires and make this process very clear and simple. Put simply, Woo does not work with many themes, so you are nearly forced to pay a lot and become a memeber of their site to access the themes.

One more thing. In spite of the fact that a Woo plugin is free, you have to pay for additional features and have to spend much money if you want to get most of your eCommerce website. In our case, we initially build in all necessary modules like live chat, newsletters, delivery methods feature, etc.

yaros, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  16. Mark Essinger

Mark Essinger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The Beta is coming 15 August as I know. Not so much time left. Yaros, would you mind telling us about any improvements you`ve made in your engine for the last two weeks? Or mabe some additional info about Beta?

Mark Essinger, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  17. OliverTrent

OliverTrent Peon

Best Answers:
    @yaros, not a huge deal, but it might be worth your time paying a native English speaker just to highlight potential unusual phrasing in your sales text, it can make a REALLY big difference in conversion rates, and is really cheap for you to get done!

OliverTrent, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  18. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks Oliver, I will definitely follow your advice.

yaros, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  19. r0nzz

r0nzz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Reminds me a lot of this:
    http://www.keenthemes.com/preview/metronic_admin/

r0nzz, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  20. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, it's a metro style and looks really similar regarding left menu and flat design. In my opinion looks good, what do you think?
    Thanks for sharing!

yaros, Aug 19, 2013 IP