1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

May I pick your brain for a few minutes? Please? It's about a calendar site and ads

Discussion in 'Websites' started by JamesColin, Aug 19, 2013.

Hello!

Thank you for your time, I'd like to brainstorm with you around my original idea, which we could all benefit from, there's no patent on it :)

I made a calendar site, which shows a calendar of any month and year you want. You can also download a free pdf calendar of any month for printing.

So, my idea is to sell ads directly in the calendar, for instance on day 5 cell of the calendar grid there will be one ad, on day 17 another, etc.

What I'd like to brainstorm on is what could be the Unique Selling Proposition (USP) of this calendar site.
    What kind of incentive can I create in order to attract traffic to it? (search engines, social, backlinks, ...)
    What kind of incentive to rent a day can I create for advertisers?
    What sort of partnerships can I build with other webmasters? (widget to display a calendar, affiliates program to sell ads, free ads in exchange for a visible banner on their site, ...)
    Could a mobile app development be useful for this idea?

Others thoughts will be much appreciated.

JamesColin, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  2. Shole93

Shole93 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is actually a good idea and i seen those things in work but not online. You see in my country most of the companies, small stores, big stores make their calendar and give it to their workers or sell it to someone and they add their company name, contact info, etc on it . I am sure this will work but you need to make nice looking calendars to make it work.

Shole93, Aug 19, 2013 IP
    JamesColin likes this.
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks. For the traffic on the site I'm interested in all those who don't already use a good calendar app such as google calendar. I think there are still enough of them out there. But it's true that I can't count on google to send me visitors, that's why I'm interested in ideas to create incentives to drive traffic to it.

About the pricing I have already thought with two prices which numbers are related to the calendar, so $24 for 24hours in a day and $36.5 for the 365 days in a year.

The pricing is fancy and all, but what to match the prices with?

I thought about renting a day (the ad spot is one day on the calendar at a specific date, month and year) for a whole year at $24 and for only $36.5 you keep it forever.

There could be a possibility to edit the day date and the image banner/link once a month for instance, or for a fee such as $7 for the seven days of the week :)

To help drive traffic to it I thought about allowing free ads (text only, no link) to be posted.

So it would be:
    Free: text ad (no link)
    $7 to change the date and ad
    $24: for a year
    $36.5: forever

What do you think? I know you imagine a calendar site which would be graphically appealing, this could be a challenge for me, so I'll need help from a graphic designer at some point. At the moment the calendar site is simple and efficient, but not good looking.

JamesColin, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  4. Densely

Densely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To get traffic to your calender site you can try posting significant of days: Who born on that day, who died, what specific incident happened on that day ( Independence day, attack, natural disaster) etc. These kind of thing will bring traffic to your original site.
    You can also categorize these events. Hope this would help.

Densely, Aug 19, 2013 IP