1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need help with SEO

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Earl Sargent, Aug 9, 2013.

I have a new blog up about Import Cars, focused more on video content than anything else. How can I use SEO and drive content to the blog? The video posts currently contain shared videos, mostly from Vimeo and some from Youtube. There are also Facebook and Twitter pages but they aren't receiving any traffic either.

This is the site if anyone meeds to look at it. http://importtheater.com

Earl Sargent, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  2. Rinku2013

Rinku2013 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    I visited your blog and found two main issues:

1) No useful content at all. Search engines and visitors love to read good content and find some new and interesting thing which should be useful as well. So try to write some good content for every post with 300 to 400 words. If you can write more words it will be better.

2) Most of your pages url are http://importtheater.com/?p=383 , It will be difficult for search engines to identify pages with different topic. So choose the option in which the url of your page must contain meaningful text.

3) Last but not least get some good links from relevant sites or blogs. Leave comments on sites on similar niche.

If you follow the above 3 guidelines you will definitely going to get seo ranking.

Thanks,

Rinku2013, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  3. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Content is king ! Keep adding quality content to your blog, visitors will come automatically :)

MilesWeb, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  4. Earl Sargent

Earl Sargent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So articles are the key? ok, thanks everyone!

Earl Sargent, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  5. samiqalab

samiqalab Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Dear,
    In my thinking you have to put more attractive articles on your website, and you have to visit more and more pages and paste your comment with site URL you own, so that more visitors can know about your website.
    thanks

samiqalab, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  6. Earl Sargent

Earl Sargent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank You for the feedback :)

Earl Sargent, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  7. Parker8239

Parker8239 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes articles are the main key for SEO-check what matt cutts says-

Parker8239, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  8. JuiceFlow

JuiceFlow Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, nice looking site... I bookmarked it. To answer your question though, you absolutely do not need long boring articles to rank your site. Some minimal text like a blurb for each video wouldn't hurt, but the key is really to find some low competition keywords that you can target and rank for quickly. If I owned your site, I would find a bunch of low competition keywords related to import cars and add them in them in a blurb below a video if it made sense to, and the rest I'd create tags with. Then build some links to the site and you'll definitely see an increase in traffic. I would also make the share icons MUCH MORE visible and encourage or even incentivize people to share.

JuiceFlow, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  9. Earl Sargent

Earl Sargent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @ JuiceFlow : Thanks, thats the bet advice I've gotten so far for SEO for my site in particular. Sounds amazing for a site that focuses on video content, but how do I know which keywords will be low competition?

Earl Sargent, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  10. JuiceFlow

JuiceFlow Member

Best Answers:
    I've been going through the forums and I see that a lot of people have the same question so I'm going to make a quick screen capture that shows how I find low competition keywords very easily. I'll post a link here when it's done.

11. JuiceFlow

JuiceFlow Member

Best Answers:
    I posted the link here but it looks like it was removed, not sure why.