1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is SEO dying because of PPC

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by flower delivery guy, Aug 16, 2013.

I am somewhat disheartened at times as to where to invest the time and energy as well as money. It seems to me fighting for organic rankings on Google is achievable up to a point, until you hit the trail of big spenders. However still, as you get to that first page, you will always most likely be overlooked as the search results are swamped with PPC listings which usually have better positioning. So my question is:
    Is it better to develop your brand and look and then go for Google Adwords and be confident of converting the leads in to a sale.

flower delivery guy, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  2. nadalbg

nadalbg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I still receive half of my visits from google and I never spent any money on that, but I have to agree the traffic is now less than before. But I put a lot of time on my site, almost 5 years. PPC traffic I think is not good, because most people leave the site shortly and never return.

nadalbg, Aug 16, 2013 IP
    log0008 likes this.
  3. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PPC and SEO , both are different. If you need fast traffic you will go with PPC. PPC is good if you have good amount of budget. Google Adwords will charge 1$ or 67$ per click, according to keywords demand . PPC cost is high but it always give fast result. Now a days , no webmaster wants to wait for search engine results. Therefore ppc is better than seo. If you want to waste your time,you can move with SEO. Search engine results takes upto 6month-12month.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
    humtuma, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  4. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    till we are searching anything on net SEO will be their, PPC is not genuine, its just for fake hits and to show other for selling ur stupid project for good $$$$$$$

indiasbull, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  5. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PPC may give fake hits but you can request to company , please check my campaign details.

humtuma, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  6. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion Adwords is very helpful at the begining. If you want to get stable results then you need to invest in SEO after time. Adwords is easy solution for beginner company or for these with high budget.

adbash, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  7. OddManOut

OddManOut Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. PPC first, then SEO. This is because SEO takes so long. Most people won't stay with it long enough.

OddManOut, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  8. Forexpic.com

Forexpic.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seo is the not perfect method, ppc can be very usefull.

Forexpic.com, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  9. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think we will soon see that Google is struggling to grow their own PPC revenue. Notice already their "Member Sites" (Adsense) revenue is down. And so far this year their search revenue is just barely looking positive despite their being so much more space taken up by Adwords.
    http://investor.google.com/financial/tables.html
    All eyes on Q3!

dvduval, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  10. HostYD

HostYD Peon

Best Answers:
    From my point of view SEO is not dead and it will never die. SEO is just evolving!

HostYD, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  11. kbclickbank

kbclickbank Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Small business understand the fundamental challenges that go hand in hand with SEO, the ever changing Google algorithms and the threat of Penguins and Pandas chomping down on your sites affecting your page rank. Its really up to you. Some believe SEO is the best method for building traffic and few others like PPC because of, PPC easier, more prominent, and more effective from of inbound market. But this is sure today PPC & SEO or mixture of both takes your website into a best position.

Thanks ! Have a nice day ! :)

kbclickbank, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  12. flower delivery guy

flower delivery guy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    However, the amount of time and money you can spend on SEO and, in competitive niche, in the end you can get as far as top 5. Still, the page is flooded with PPC listing and most are in better position than you. Branding is by far better option, work on profit margins and go for PPC in the beginning. That is my advice.

flower delivery guy, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  13. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO will never fail in the long run. I'm a strong advocate of SEO, just that at times it is frustrating, especially when you carry out a campaign and it does not translate into anything tangible for a while. Note, this is for a while, but in the long run, it always will.
    However, why not combine SEO and PPC, work in two ways for different results. Just get more than one site.

doktu, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  14. resultfirst

resultfirst Member

Best Answers:
    SEO can never die, even for running PPC campaign, you need help of SEO expert to make your page highly relevant for search engine. You landing pages must be optimized for:
    • search engines
    • higher conversions
    • target audience
    • load speed
    SEO is all about making your website search engine and user friendly, rest is promotion like: links, PR, articles, etc. You always need a highly optimized website even if you don't want your website to be promoted organically.

resultfirst, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  15. log0008

log0008 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe Adwords/PPC works good when you are selling products, but on sites which are free/ad supported PPC traffic is poor, not many people are going to click on another ad - EG forums/blogs

log0008, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  16. jakerhodes

jakerhodes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google has by no means perfected its algorithm. I think at this point things have swung more towards needing to run a strong PPC campaign however you still see a lot of poor websites towards the top of the rankings. Eventually Google will improve, lower the rankings of the poor sites and boost the better ones.

It's always worthwhile working on SEO and the quality of your website, it's a long-term game but if you keep playing in the right way you'll start to win eventually.

jakerhodes, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  17. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No.

/thread.

WebDev Solutions, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  18. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    Organic search ranking is challenging. However, in time, it brings you more targeted traffic.

BoostSoftware, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  19. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi friends,

Is it possible to do both PPC and SEO at a time?

karthick9, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  20. Branko Zecevic

Branko Zecevic Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only difference is that with PPC you can see results quickly!
    Getting traffic from search engines is a slow process!
    Although you don't pay Google for traffic from organic search,
    you still need to put time and effort into it!
    And time is money!

Google operates in this way for years!
    There will highly likely always be paid and non paid positions on the first page of Google!

Branko Zecevic, Aug 20, 2013 IP