1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IP that keeps visiting my 'Coming Soon' site ..

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by ahmadka, Aug 15, 2013.

Firstly, let me say that I'm not sure if this is the right section for this question .. Ideally, this should be in a Webmaster related section, but I don't think that's available here ..

I have a new site up and running, which is still in the 'Coming Soon' stage .. That is, the main URL just leads to a Coming Soon message. Also, I have not advertised the site anywhere, and have also configured my robot file to avoid any search engine indexing right now. This is mainly because I'm still developing the site. On top of this, my site is specific to my country, so it doesn't have a .com ending ... As a result of this, I get *very* low traffic .. Maybe like 4-5 hits a week ..

The odd thing is that mostly all of these hits seem to be coming from this one IP ?! The IP is US based, is supposedly from Cromwell, CT, USA ... why is a US based IP visiting a site which isn't meant for US .. ? Its always has the same IP, same location, etc .. The ISP is from Comcast in the US, but I know for a fact that residential Comcast IPs are dynamic, not static .. I think Comcast only issues static IPs to businesses ... So what can I conclude ?

I know I'm probably being just paranoid, but this does strike me as odd ! All hits coming from the same IP, for a website which just says coming soon, and isn't US based as well ?

So who is this guy ? ... :p

ahmadka, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Not that I wish to add to your paranoia but.....have you considered that it might be the NSA watching you?:cool:

Spoiltdiva, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  3. ahmadka

ahmadka Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You're kidding, right ? :(

And even if it was the NSA, they won't be using Comcast Cable as their ISP, right ? Must be something more 'VIP' than that ..

Also, the user-agent says this:

So can I rule out the NSA ? :p

ahmadka, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes we can indeed rule out the NSA, and we can also rule out you having a sense of humor.;)

Spoiltdiva, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  5. MonsteRNaruto

MonsteRNaruto Member

Best Answers:
    Could be someone that wants the domain or could be someone who has looked up the hosts main ip and seen a website so looking for vulns on a website within that server, It could be anything really if your that worried about it drop a ticket in to your webhost and ask them to ban the IP.

MonsteRNaruto, Aug 18, 2013 IP