1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Tell Me How I Can Use FB and Twitter for Better SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by KingsofCardio.com, Aug 18, 2013.

I own an online gym equipment store. This is it http://www.kingsofcardio.com/. I'd like to figure out a way to optimize my social media presence w/o spamming FB and Twitter with links to the items I sell and/or contributing to the mass proliferation of corny/motivational quotes. So what's my plan? Any other random thoughts about the site, besides the price being slashed (always the convo-starter!), I'd love to hear them.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    KingsofCardio.com, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  2. Hunny yadav

Hunny yadav Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just share every new post on social media . Create your brand facebook fanpage and twitter account and start sharing on those

Hunny yadav, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  3. The SEO Man

The SEO Man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo tends to crawl and index Facebook posts quickly & Bing Tends monitor Twitter and use Twitter feeds to gain information about new and recent news, as well as links to websites that links are posted to.

Using Social Media to help with SEO for Google is not the most effective method of increasing keyword performance.

The SEO Man, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  4. treka3358

treka3358 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know what you mean. Its really hard for most businesses to promote themselves without sounding like "buy me, buy me buy me" or some corny pictures. So here's what you do.

Make your fanpage about more than just your gym. give out free advice and tips. post about local events and things going on in your community. post questions, post polls, post a few of those corny pics, post totally unrelated but still interesting pictures, get in touch with some other local businesses (say health food shops or something related) and cross promote a few of their things. The key thing is make your page about more than just you. Make it an engaging local hub of information.

How do you do it?

Create yourself a posting "map" Pick some of the ideas above and anything else you like and plan out what and how you post. are you posting once per day, twice per day etc. Then plan out the types of posts. Say you post once per day. On Monday post a motivational quote, Tuesday post a local event, Wednesday post some fee advice, thursday post an offer for your gym etc etc. This sounds dumb but it makes your life easier and people wont notice that you are doing it (if you are worried make a 2 week schedule instead of a 1 week one).

Now you have your plan. You can use Facebooks scheduled post feature. Sit down when you have time. Say Sunday afternoon. and schedule in all your posts for the coming week. that way you can forget about it for the rest of the week apart from answering any questions your followers post etc.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions.

treka3358, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  5. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A Facebook page should do the trick! Just create one, invite some friends and ask a few people to like it (until you reach for example 100 fans!) You can also offer a discount for every like of your page (for example 1-2%!)

Then, when you have a popular page, add EVERY new article/product and try to tell your FANS that you added something new! :)

patco, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  6. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    Treka, tyvm and I am going to abide by your advice and create myself a posting "map". At least it will provide some organization and I agree that structuring my FB page will help optimize it. For Tuesday's Local Event, I may have to think of something else :D

Patco, check out my FB page that was created a year or 2 ago. Please critique it and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I am a super noob so forgive my naïveté :D. https://www.facebook.com/KingsOfCardio?ref=hl

7. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As both Facebook and twitter links are nofollowed, you can't use them for SEO!

You could use them to promote your site for traffic etc, but that is not SEO (ie Search engine optimization)!

Agent000, Aug 18, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  8. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    what do you mean they are not followed?

9. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It means the search engines do not count them as backlinks for the purposes of ranking a site --> useless for SEO!

Agent000, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  10. treka3358

treka3358 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're welcome. I do hope it helps. And as for what to post on different days its totally up to you. they were just some ideas you can use and build on.

You already have a good number of likes - its just a matter of getting them engaged now and more likes will come over time (you may also like to do a few promoted posts - I can give you some advice on that if you are interested).

Dont be afraid to ask your audience to do something. "Share this post if you like it", "click like" etc.

treka3358, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  11. prince786

prince786 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't spam because it will hurt the company reputation.... No one like being spammed.
    Post free advice, tips related to health. Don't try to sell the stuffs at the 1st place. You just need to motivate Fb users to check your site and some of them will eventually end of buying some stuffs :)
    Btw I liked your page ;)

prince786, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  12. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    how often do you guys re-do your meta tags? Once a year? Every 6 months?

KingsofCardio.com, Aug 23, 2013 IP
  13. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Build your brand and promote the blog posts on there.

Dionne Taylor, Aug 23, 2013 IP
  14. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Cardio!

One thing people overlook with social media is the simplest one – social media is about being sociable with people. :)

In other words, put people on to useful information – including stuff from your own site – and your start making contacts and chatting with people in a real way.

Auto posting contents between different profiles – for example putting the same stuff on your Facebook page and your Google plus page – is a mistake. How pee*d off would you be if you looked at someone's Google plus page only to find there were posting the exact same stuff that was on their Facebook page?

The way I do it is to use Facebook profile and page, Google Plus profile and page, and Twitter. I've divided my niche topics approximately in half and tend to post to Facebook about one half and Google about the other half. If I post about something very business oriented then it goes on to my business page. If it's Facebook I then share that post onto my profile – but only to the group of friends in my business group.

Then, on Twitter I fire out about my Facebook posts, blog posts (including older ones) and other stuff of my own, as well as farming out tweets about of the stuff I stumble across and that I like. This includes tweeting about blog post where I myself have made a comment.

As long as your tweets are around about 6 going to pages you don't own to 1 going to your own sites or profiles, you can't go too far wrong.

To help me out I use Buffer (free), HootSuite (free), as well as playing around with BuzzBundle.

I have also started posting to Pinterest. Again, pin 6 x other people's stuff to one of your own images (maybe an image for a post you made. You can add some words using Picmonkey.com (free) to make it interesting - and re-pinnable.)

Cheers, Malc

malcsimm, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  15. spyindiarahul

spyindiarahul Member

Best Answers:
    share our site content and piks every 1 hour you will be get new and unique visitor

spyindiarahul, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  16. Robert Ralph

Robert Ralph Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, being real is the key. Don't trick using auto posting software until you know how to do it without. It's too easy to look scammy.

Start a schedule you can maintain - twice a day for a month is better than 10 times day 1, 5 times day 2, then nothing. Consistency is key. But do auto-schedule tweets using Buffer - that works ok. And, also with Buffer, repeat each tweet 12 hours later as it will go to a different cross section of people.

Rob

Robert Ralph, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  17. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    malcsimm, tyvm for the thought out response. It appears you have a high social media IQ and ty for your time!

KingsofCardio.com, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  18. KingsofCardio.com

KingsofCardio.com Member

Best Answers:
    Rob, thanks a lot for the advice. I'll certainly check out Buffer.

KingsofCardio.com, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  19. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd agree with trekka's post #4 about being social, and with understanding that social links are generally no-follow for SEO. But that is social media's biggest strengths---it allows you to build a quality traffic funnel that is not dependent of search engines or ranking.

With a well thought out approach to social sites (likes, tweets, pins, etc) you can create vistors vias direct follow through links to a point that exceeds traffic that would have been generated through SEO. This makes SMO (social media optimization) a complementary, additional leg of traffic to use aside from SEO.

melprise, Aug 24, 2013 IP