1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think flyers distribution are still a good platform of promotion ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by peter julius, Aug 7, 2013.

Hey folks ! Do you think flyers distribution is still a good platform of marketing ? Yes ? No ? What's the reason ? Feel free to comment !

Peter J.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    peter julius, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  2. terrymason

terrymason Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, waste of time.

If you've got a global, or even regional product/website then putting 1000 annoying flyers on people's cars won't help. If you're advertising for a local brick and mortar store then you may be ok.

terrymason, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  3. BigDavesmile

BigDavesmile Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Exactly how terrymason said here,

If your ad is targeted enough and not that much of overall broad, then flyer promotion will work out for you, you'd still have to test and tweak a bit but you can make it work!

My friend made a clickbank sale by just passing up the flyers, so yes, it still works.!

BigDavesmile, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  4. treka3358

treka3358 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes flyers can still work. it either needs to be a broad interest offer or you need to think a little outside the box to "target" your flyers. Distribute at a uni to target say 18 - 24 year olds, distribute outside a concert for fans of <insert band/group here>. Distribute at a wedding expo.... etc etc.

Printing can be cheap and it can still be effective. Depends entirely on your offer. Test it out for yourself and let us know how you go

treka3358, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  5. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on who you want to reach and where those flyers are going? I got a flyer on my Mercedes for a certified Mercedes repair shop and I actually used them. Had they not put that on there I wouldn't of gone in for an oil change...

I have used them for certain things and even for a website (well I used stickers) and had some good results.

superrichguy, Aug 11, 2013 IP
    cronik likes this.
  6. 716seo

716seo Member

Best Answers:
    if you do them with a specific target in mind, and know your market they could work well. It also depends on the product/service, I've had really good sucess with flyers for a personal trainer because 1) its was targeted very close to the studio 2) the timing was right (end of winter) 3) well targeted audience (office workers)

So it can work, but u need to make sure you know what you are doing, otherwise you are just wasting money.

716seo, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  7. Shole93

Shole93 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on what your site niche is. If you research the market and you have a targeted audience you could do good. Otherwise just giving them to random people at random places wont work that well.

Shole93, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  8. chris spriggs

chris spriggs Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you do with flyers, if you just put them on cars and door to door you might pick up one or two people . I would use the money to place Ad in local paper, you hit more people and spend less money and save time on distribution them !

chris spriggs, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  9. Branko Zecevic

Branko Zecevic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Flyers are definitely working in my opinion!
    You need to think about on which places your potential audience hang out
    and then distribute flyers in those places!
    That's the key to getting really interested and targeted visitors to your site or business!

Branko Zecevic, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  10. bluewaveseo

bluewaveseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nothing wrong with flyers but I would look at them as a supplement to an overall marketing plan.

bluewaveseo, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  11. YoungAce

YoungAce Active Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on what you're selling, in my opinion. Many times, flyers have worked (moderately well) for me when I'm promoting a work from home opportunity.

YoungAce, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  12. GridCorp

GridCorp Active Member

Best Answers:

It Depends On your product or service.........As well as were you are distributing those flyers! They can help and be a waste of money but if you have foot soldiers and not only pass out the flyers but communicate with potential customers then you should be ok.

Hope This Helps.

GridCorp, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  13. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's all about the offer and your target audience.

Imagine if you're giving out flyers for a free cheeseburger & fries at McDonalds. You'd probably have a decent response. (but, would that be considered legal? Lol. Not sure).

Next, imagine if you're giving away a flyer offering free steaks at a vegetarian convention. You probably wouldn't have much luck.. Right?

Finally, what if you were giving away flyers for a free $500 coupon for amazon.com? I think you'd have a pretty good response, regardless of your audience.

So, the question is, can you create an offer compelling enough for people to actually care?

That's the hard part.

PS: I'm not sure what the legality of handing out flyers is now adays?

Things like that are so complicated now adays.

Anyway, hope this helps.

CandleKeep, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  14. Business Attorney

Business Attorney Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like any other advertising or marketing medium, flyers can work very well or can be a complete waste of time and money depending upon how you use them.

Around where I live, some businesses have been handing out flyers for years. Since the businesses are still in existence and still continue to spend their money on flyers, I have to assume that works for them.

It all boils down to who your customers are, how you can identify and reach them, and what your message is.

Business Attorney, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  15. Susan Garrett

Susan Garrett Peon

Best Answers:
    It boils down to the product you are selling. For instance, if you’re a trying to promote your travel agency to foreigners within your area, it makes sense if you use flyers as an advertising tactic. I think it is a good idea. But to me personally, flyers are weak marketing in general. Once you give one out, it would just probably get tossed to the nearest bin.

Susan Garrett, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  16. Sphor

Sphor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would depend on the product or service that you are trying to promote. Using flyers as a promotion method would be good for certain things while it would be a terrible idea for others.

Sphor, Aug 27, 2013 IP
    BinkyM likes this.
  17. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Depends on the location, for instance in Singapore, given the density of the population, I think it should be effective, but I would think twice about flyer distribution in Melbourne.

wisdomtool, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  18. HustleSeason

HustleSeason Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Flyers are inexpensive and still effective.

HustleSeason, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  19. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, using flyers, you can target any specific location and advertise your stuffs there.

SERPpoint, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  20. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea if we are still in the early 2000's lol!

Dionne Taylor, Aug 31, 2013 IP