1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I market a website if I only have 8 hours a week?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cipals15, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Susan Velez

Susan Velez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blog Comments
    Forum Marketing
    eBook Syndication
    Youtube Marketing
    Social Media

These are just a few, there are so many different ways to promote a site, With only 8 hours, start out with only 1 or 2 methods and then see what is actually driving traffic to your site. Once you know what works, then you can start putting more your emphasis on those methods. Good luck.

Susan Velez, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  2. Susan Velez

Susan Velez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting
    Forum Marketing
    RSS submission
    Pinging content
    eBook Syndication
    Facebook Ads
    Youtube Marketing
    Yahoo Answers
    Forum Marketing
    Guest Blogging

Susan Velez, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  3. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    All excellent suggestions... I would start, however, with a fresh unique post every day if possible, several times a week at a minimum. This will do more to drive traffic than all the other ways put together. (not to discredit the above suggestions - just that new posts on a frequent basis is more important.)

Khadaji, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  4. income_by_internet

income_by_internet Member

Best Answers:
    my best advice 4 you dear :
    1- make high effort in the begin as you can , if you have site right 2o content and have good adress name _url
    2-patience is the main point & time
    3- hire writers for your blog & invest some money to buy articles
    4- the experience very important :)

income_by_internet, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  5. azulita

azulita Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As everybody says use social media, also you can create a fan page for your site.
    Do "guest post" and join fórums related to your niche.

azulita, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  6. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So many good replies. Wow!
    Content. Social Media. Forum marketing. SEO. All good answers.
    I would also suggest:
    • Know who your buyers are.
    • Optimize your site for keywords that count.
    • SEO onpage and offpage to get to the top of Google.
    • Build a list from your visitors.
    • Invest some of your profits back into your website, whether it be link building, banner ads, PPC. Whatever.

dailybread2011, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  7. epu

epu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Fiverr is literally the best place to start to be honest. If you have a skill, something you're good at and take advantage of keyworking/gig description formatting, you should be good to go.

It's a constant struggle.

epu, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  8. infoway111

infoway111 Member

Best Answers:
    Social media, quality content and e-mail marketing can serve your purpose well.

infoway111, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  9. prince786

prince786 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As you have $0 budget, according to me the best option you got is social media and forum posting initially and when you got pretty decent traffic switch to other off page seo techniques.

prince786, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  10. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    8 hours a week? I think that's just enough.

For me, i only use 1 hour everyday, but mondays 2 hours, so about 8 hours per week, and i can manage 2 internet businesses, earning more than 5000 per month.
    So time no big problem to me.

The key to it is just: Good Time Management.
    At the end of every week, i plan what i want to do and i stick with it.
    For example:
    Week 1, i plan to do forum posting for 50 minutes, manage newsletter 10 minutes. (my suggestion is concentrate on one traffic generation method at a time till you can master it, then slowly move to another traffic generation method when you have more time to spare.)

E.g. after 1 month of forum posting for 50 minutes. You should become better and faster at forum posting. Thus you can finish what you need to do in 30 minutes, then use the remainder of time to do something else.

E.g.
    This week, i plan to do forum posting for 30 minutes, manage newsletter for 5 minutes, make videos for 25 minutes.
    Next week, i plan to do forum posting for 30 minutes, manage newsletter for 5 minutes, manage affiliates 10 minutes, review my 30 products 15 minutes.

And every Monday i will assist my students with their business. :)

Yup and that's how i have been doing it ever since i started IM 3 years ago.
    I mean this is supposed to be a stay home money making hobby right? If you still have to work 10 hours a day, then whats the point right?

So the key is to manage your time well, finish doing what you set out to do, never stop doing it and persevere until you start earning money then continue doing it to earn more. :)

Cheers, i hope this helps. Oh and i forgot to mention: There is no best traffic method, because it just depends on what you can do and do quickly. If you are an IT dumb dumb, then Video creation is not for you. Just choose one from the suggestion from the rest of the members and stick to it. That would be your best traffic method.

Signing Out
    Howard~

Howard Lim, Aug 16, 2013 IP
    prince786 likes this.
  11. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a good summary of what you can do. However, if you at least had $40 to $50 to spend on promotions, you could pay someone for four to eight hours' worth of social media promotion. Even only $10 per week could help.

BoostSoftware, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  12. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup it would. Outsourcing it always a good option because it allows you to leverage on other people's time, experience and skills.

However, i sure he did mention that the wants a zero dollar budget. So i think free advertising methods would work better for him. Besides, sometimes, doing things yourself helps you to learn and understand things better. Everyone's got to start from the bottom right?

Howard Lim, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  13. Pattara Bhakdee

Pattara Bhakdee Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Media , Email marketing, forum marketing, blogger.
    Depend on your time and behavior of your target customer.

Pattara Bhakdee, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  14. amitav8

amitav8 Member

Best Answers:
    8 hours a week can be good if you utilize it decently enough. First you need to make sure that you use all the 8 hours of your time only on productive activities. Only do what actually helps you promote your site and nothing else.
    My 3 favorite traffic tactics are....
    1. Forum marketing - This can get you a lots of targeted traffic pretty fast. just make sure you provide some good value to the community.
    2. Blog commenting - This is another very effective traffic tactic that can get you off the ground asap. Again, Just "thank you" or "nice post" type comments doesn't do any good. You need to add something to the whole discussion. Value is again the key here. The more value you will be able to add, the more likely that people will be interested to visit your site.
    3. YouTube marketing - Do some good keyword research. Get some good keywords that doesn't have much YouTube videos optimized targeting those particular keywords. Just Google the keyword & see if there is any YouTube video ranking for it. If no, that a pretty good news for you. Get one video right now targeting that keyword. Make sure the video file-name has the keyword, the video title has the keyword and the description has the keyword too. Add the keywords and its related LSI keywords to also the tags. Try to get some links to that video. YouTube videos rank pretty good nowadays.
    This are my 3 most loved traffic sources. Also try not to sent your traffic directly to the affiliate link. Hope you have a squeeze page ready to receive the traffic. That's the best way to get the highest ROI in your traffic.
    Hope that helps! ;)

amitav8, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  15. bluewaveseo

bluewaveseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    forum posting and email are probably your easiest methods. make sure you start building a list to use in the future!

bluewaveseo, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  16. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    Forum marketing is a great place to start. Social media might also help you. But it would really depend on what type of website you are trying to promote. There are just too many traffic promotion methods you can use. The key is just to focus on those that works best for you and your site.

Isadore Gregory, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  17. Ryan Rutan

Ryan Rutan Member

Best Answers:
    You can use Forum posting, Social Media Posting .. List Building and youtube video posting.

But i would suggest to make a strategy and hire some one else to do the job for you :)

Ryan Rutan, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  18. Marcus.lai

Marcus.lai Peon

Best Answers:
    Good stuff and good advice from experts here. I am actually looking for a online marketer to market my online store targeted only in my country. Interested can send me a msg.

Marcus.lai, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Some of the highest probability prospects that you can generate come from PR campaigns. By "highest probability prospets" I mean those visitors to your website who buy what you are selling or take the actions that you want them to take. Think about it: if someone who needs your website reads about it in a publication, blog, etc., they will be that much more likely to check you out and trust you, for that matter. The good news is that a PR campaign can be done for free with just putting in the labor to make it happen.

The first step is to come up with "news" for the PR campaign. Yes, your new website is really exciting to you, but since thousands of new websites are created every day, it will get a ho-hum from most editors, reporters, bloggers, etc. So, you need an angle that will be of interest to a specific readership and the media that they subscribe to. For example, if your new website sells cheese, virtually no media person will consider the launch of it to be news. On the other hand, if you are launching your cheese-selling website in conjunction with s cooperative agreement with local, organic dairy producers who have also reduced their herds' methane output, you might have the beginnings of a news story.

By the way, even if you just come close to having a good new story, many reporters will help you to refine it when you are pitching it to them.

And, again, a PR campaign as I described above costs nothing but your time and work.

Hope that this helps.

jrbiz, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  20. Michael Mayer

Michael Mayer Member

Best Answers:
    Focus on Activities that make you money, You will find you can get those activities done in 1-2 hours a day.

Michael Mayer, Dec 5, 2013 IP