1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Update Issue

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Xavier_3D, Aug 15, 2013.

So I come to fellow bloggers with endless agony on my end ever since the automatic updates failed. So here's my problem.

I try pressing the Update option and it gets stuck at Downloading from http://
    Nothing goes forth no matter how long you wait. I heard it can be the temporary folder issue on some servers and I created a Temporary folder under WP-CONTENT and added

define ('WP_TEMP_DIR', ABSPATH . 'wp-content/tmp');
    AND
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');

to my wp-config file.

Even then the problem doesn't resolve. I don't want to carry on a manual update and would really like this sorted out.

Also I'll add that the TMP folder is creating .tmp files whenever I click the update option but still nothing is happening.

My Error log indicated a few memory issues too and I am using CloudFlare Enabled hosting from Eleven2.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    Xavier_3D, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  2. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same issue on a shitty shared web hosting, I suspect that low max_execution_time might be the cause of this problem.
    (By the way, have you tried setting WP_MEMORY_LIMIT to a higher value, for example 128?)

Devtard, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  3. Xavier_3D

Xavier_3D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just did. No Change.

Xavier_3D, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  4. Xavier_3D

Xavier_3D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay so I finally did a Manual update and things look Good Now! :D However there's one big mess. My General Settings won't update. I am getting a 403 Forbidden error and my host claims that Mod Security is already OFF. The Permissions are right that is wp-admin has 755 and options.php has 644. I have been the admin of this account for long.

Xavier_3D, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Aug 19, 2013 IP