1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Urgent Help on Website Ranking!

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by miracle12, Aug 15, 2013.

Hi all! I have some serious issues about the website ranking that I hope I can get some answers here. I would like to find out whether Google has done any changes on their algorithms these few days? Did they roll out any Panda updates lately? I have done some researched on this but I couldn't get an exact answer. The reason I ask is because today I check on our website ranking for one of our targeted keywords, our ranking drops from page 5 to page 15 overnight. I'm REALLY shock to see this drastic change which it seems very impossible for me. I have to be honest that all these while our website ranking is not doing well as we don't have an expert in this area and we do the optimization by ourself, we learned some of the knowledge little here and there. When Google rolls out the changes on the algorithms, it did give us some impact on the ranking like dropping few pages or sometimes will go up too. But this times I really have no idea what happen that our ranking suddenly drop to no where, we didn't do any changes on our website. I'm not sure is that I'm being sensitive but what I can think of is few days ago, we met up with one local SEO company and thinking to engage their service to help us to improve our website SEO. Now we are still waiting for their reply coz they need to study our website first before they give us the proposal. Is it possible that they can do something behind to cause our website ranking drop to push us to engage their service faster. I hope I'm just overreacted in this case and it's impossible for them to do so. Maybe someone can tell me the answer here?

By the way, is there anyone here can help us to do some study on our website and point out the problems? I sincerely hope that I can get someone who is able to help us to improve our website. That SEO company charges is expensive which is around USD 4.7k and I don't think our company can afford that and yet we are in dilemma not sure whether they can really help us or not coz we had a bad experience with another SEO company before, they used some illegal tactics like link farming to boost up our website ranking. I would really appreciate it if I can get any help here. Thank you so much.

miracle12, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have not heard of any major updates, but Google is making updates all the time. You may want to double check with that SEO company.

danasurvey, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  3. torrado

torrado Greenhorn

Best Answers:

torrado, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  4. torrado

torrado Greenhorn

Best Answers:

torrado, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  5. torrado

torrado Greenhorn

Best Answers:

torrado, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  6. torrado

torrado Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Basically you can improve the ranking of your website by doing the quality link building activities on regular basis.

torrado, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  7. neil modi

neil modi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    See you are in major crisis. your website has been putted in "Sand box" more on sand box you can check google webtoolbar.
    what you have to do is keep doing regular link building the way you use to do. Some time Google puts you in Sand box for a while and then directly to 1st 3rd page.If you want to know more on this feel free to ask

neil modi, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  8. lesterj

lesterj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not aware of any major changes in Google in the past few days. Panda is supposedly always updating at this point, but there are lots of other reasons why your site may have dropped in rankings as well. You didn't include any info about the site/company. So, I can't check anything for you, but I'll send you a private message and we can set something up.

lesterj, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  9. miracle12

miracle12 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi neil! Thanks for your reply. Do you mind to tell me where to check the sand box status? I have no idea about this. Thank you.

miracle12, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  10. neil modi

neil modi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Miracle12 there is no such tools or methods to check Status of your Website. The second you may be penalized for exact match domain or exact match Anchor text. What you can do is check on page things and off page links check weather you are getting back links from good and high rank PR pages.check the quality of your content and back links.if all this are in good and healthy then you may be in Sand box.One more thing the reason behind i am saying that there can be possibility of sand box is because you at 15 from 5 if you have been penalized you may be at 100 or 1000. Feel free to ask if you still have any query

neil modi, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  11. Kevin.bond98

Kevin.bond98 Member

Best Answers:
    You could possibly be "Over-SEO" which means you are using a keyword too much, and Google has rolled out the Penguin update to slap anyone who is doing over SEO.
    In these days under-seo is better, because google is killing spammy websites. I don't know if this is your problem, but if so...I suggest doing about 30% follow links of the keyword you are trying to rank, 30% follow links for relevant keywords to your main keyword, and then doing 40% no-follow links in order too make it seem more natural on your website.
    I don't know if that answer your questions.
    Just don't do over SEO and practice less. Because Google wants "natural" websites.

Oh and btw I posted in another forum, but here was my reply to them about Over-SEO and fast rankings.
    "
    Do your keyword research, when you find a niche you can get in that is relativity easy to rank for, then what I suggest is buying a PR3 Domain for about $50.
    From there, say if you are trying to rank for the keyword "hot potatoes," you will want to put the first words on your website as "hot potatoes," in Heading 1 (H1) and from there put a picture of whatever, and put the title as hot potatoes, and then the Alt Text of that picture as hot potatoes, and from there I suggest putting a youtube video of potatoes. And then from there link out to a high authority website such as wikipedia about potatoes and say "This website is currently under maintenance, for more info click here." And then hyperlink the word "here" with the wikipedia page about potatoes. Google will see that your website is reaching out to a authority page not some spammy affiliate website.
    And if you are using Wordpress, I suggest downloading All-In-One SEO package, and putting your headline as "Hot potatoes for everyone," or something like that. Then put your Meta description as "Everybody loves hot potatoes...hurray!" Or something like that, but make sure you do not put hot potatoes first in your meta, this will trigger a red flag for google and see you as spammy.
    From here wait a few days to about two weeks, and if you see your website climbing the ranks then you have done your SEO right. If not then I suggest getting into something else.
    Just make sure to ALWAYS, ALWAYS ALWAYS do your keyword research and check if the competition is not that hard. Otherwise if you go against websites like Amazon, youtube, wikipedia, or other Government, or EDU links you are screwed. Also do not try to take big companies head up, they put thousands of dollars towards backlinking; unless you have a TON of money to invest stay out of going up against the big guys.

I hoped this help."

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
    Kevin.bond98, Sep 5, 2013 IP