1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can i start an online dating business website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by gazirana, Aug 10, 2013.

The actual reputation involving online dating has significantly greater, turning it into perhaps the most common option with regard to daters of most a long time.But how can i start an online dating business?

gazirana, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  2. amirul.nayan

amirul.nayan Active Member

Best Answers:
    The particular acceptance regarding online dating offers significantly increased, making it a standard choice regarding daters of most age ranges. Even so, since many people sign up for the planet regarding online dating, the competition regarding likely dates likewise increases. With regard to starting off as well as build any internet dating web site, you need various internet dating softwares as well as internet dating set of scripts along with hosting plan. By using various internet dating softwares, you can include profiles within your internet dating site, music chitchat, immediate messanger, Publish pics as well as generate photos, online messanger, Chat online along with additional users, See each and every people with webcams, Publish audios as well as videos etc. You can find all these things from single specialized place http://www.datingsitebuilder.com Dating Software package, Internet dating Set of scripts, Free of charge Web templates, as well as Single profiles to your onlinedating web site company option

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    amirul.nayan, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  3. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you can just create everything from the scratch, but that's going to require some initial capital. Another method would be to sign up to some white label provider where they would handle basically everything - for their own share of the revenue, of course. Personally working with both means, and they both do have their own pro's and con's.

SliceOfLife, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  4. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    But the difficult part is promotion.. when you create a dating website, you need to promote it, so you have to do SEO of your site so that it would gain good ranking in search engines and your site would start getting popularity.

SERPpoint, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  5. mprentice

mprentice Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For the same business I am using Dating Site Builder. I prefer this one because I got a lot of ready made template. Also their support is enough for me.

mprentice, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  6. mprentice

mprentice Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For the same business I am using datingsitebuilder.com. I prefer this one because I got a lot of ready made template. Also their support is enough for me.

mprentice, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  7. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    AdWords, Facebook Ads, Email Marketing
    These are your 3 golden ways to promoting pretty much anything, they do require that you put a decent ammount of money into them though.

Another free way I heard about from the depths of a blackhat forum once when I was 14 was something called "eWhoring", this was for MSN and AIM back in the day, where you created a bunch of fake accounts and profiles(myspace, facebook etc) and started to add random people, flirt and chat with them, then you sent them your dating site affiliate link(in your case, just your dating site url) and got them to sign up.
    This could also be applied to adult webcam sites, I'm sure you could hire some freelancers to do this for you for a few months.

You could also look for people that run successful "dating blogs" and approach them for a guest blog post, link or other promotion for a fee, getting targeted traffic is the most important thing you can do with an online business.

I would also recommend that you do not ask for payments when people sign up, rather have an option to upgrade their account for more options(limit their messages, and information about other people), so that they get an incentive to upgrade.

You could also add an affiliate program, there are tons of affiliate networks that you can join.

Good luck with your dating site, keep us updated :)

Helge Sverre, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  8. GridCorp

GridCorp Active Member

Best Answers:

Dating Factory Is One of the best platforms out there. I personally use them as well. But your not going to make money out of thin air. You must have a marketing strategy as well as a budget. "It takes money to make money" in MOST cases.

GridCorp, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  9. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not any harder than with any other niche; start out with PPC to get income ASAP, and work on SEO on the side to ultimately get rid of PPC eating your money.

SliceOfLife, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  10. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There's a lot of competition in this market. You could identify and try to serve a special niche.

VideoWhisper.com, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  11. UrbanColour

UrbanColour Member

Best Answers:
    Offer something more than just dating .... be new and innovate. I have an idea in this area and have been looking at it for a year or so.

Te thing about white labal options, and Im not sure about this so please let me know if Im wrong.. If you are with a white label, the database of all members will be theirs wont it. or am I wrong. I would hate to build up a membership but then not be able to take it to a bespoke design when ready

UrbanColour, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  12. Susan Garrett

Susan Garrett Peon

Best Answers:
    Choose a niche first before anything so it would be easy for you to brand your site. You can make use of dating software SKAdate, white label, etc. To get people to use your site, use SEO strategies, link directories, craigslist, recruiting affiliates, etc.

Susan Garrett, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  13. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    Two main options you have, other than start from scratch which really would take you forever.

1. Buy an existing site, or more than one to get a good starting database.
    2. Use white label options.

thefandango, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  14. Joe Dalio

Joe Dalio Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I recommend you use a "site-builder" type website that walks you through the process of how to get started. To advertise, you may want to consider hooking up with an affiliate program. Commission Junction is one of the bigger affiliate sites.

Joe Dalio, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  15. Lasse Nielsen

Lasse Nielsen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, If you are in the business of making money online you have probably considered the dating industry. Or maybe you have decided to stand clear entirely. I want to share my personal experience with building dating websites using dating scripts and how I use them to generate monthly income.
    Step 1
    Differentiate yourself from competing online dating services by selecting a very specific niche.
    Step 2
    Name your online dating service, ensuring the name is appropriate for your niche.
    Step 3
    Secure the permits needed in your state to operate a service business
    Step 4
    Buy a platform to run your dating service. There are many options available.
    Step 5
    Purchase a domain name from a domain registrar, if one is not included with your dating service provider.
    Step 6
    Develop incentives for people to join your dating site.
    Step 7
    Market your online dating service--promotion is important to stand out in the sea of Internet dating sites available to consumers.

Lasse Nielsen, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  16. VideoWhisper.com

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, the script your start with is very important. There are many solutions with various features and setups. Find something that is closest to your plans and with source code so you can extend it if needed.

As it's a competitive market you don't need to pay a lot for the script as you may find what you're looking for on sale, like http://scriptsoutlet.com/product-category/turnkey-site-script/dating/

VideoWhisper.com, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  17. kristinaant

kristinaant Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that dating script is just a part of your job. You need to choose your niche (by age, location, hobby, community, etc.) and invest a lot of efforts into promotion.
    By the way, I know where you can get a starter's manual on dating site promotion.
    They ask to fill out the form and then send you the link to download the manual (PDF).

kristinaant, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  18. VideoWhisper.com

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As listed on http://www.datetopia.com/ , to start am online dating business website:

1. Register a domain name and optionally additional website services you want for your website. The domain name (yourdomain.com) should be easy to write and remember for your users and/or relevant for what people that you want on your website are searching with search engines. (i.e. californiasinglesonline.com) .

2. Choose and order a dating script. This will power your website with features like user registration, search, picture uploading, internal messaging, chat.
    Some dating software packages can be rented. You should choose that option when:
    + You want to evaluate the business over a period of months.
    + You have a low budget and also want to keep some funds for advertising, customizations, hosting until it starts returning.
    + You want to fund this business at first from the monthly revenue of your primary job.

3. Choose and order a hosting package compatible with the hosting script you chose (the hosting package should meet the script's hosting requirements) and assign the domain nameservers to the ones specified by the hosting providers.
    4. Install the dating software using the instructions or hire somebody to do that for you.

5. Hire a freelance designer or a design company to create your unique website visual identity, template.

6. Advertise your website.

VideoWhisper.com, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  19. kristinaant

kristinaant Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, forgot to send the link for dating site promotion manual : http://www.datingpro.com/startup_guide.php

kristinaant, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  20. Matthew J Trujillo

Matthew J Trujillo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No matter what niche you are in, always think of how you can provide a solution to your prospects. The more you can offer in value to your prospects the more likely they will want to know what you are doing. What I recommend is finding exactly what you want to do (which is dating) develop some expertise and share your information with them. This can be done on a blog, than when you have that going, you can would need to drive traffic to that source. Think of places people hang out that are related to your niche and continue providing value overtime people will start to follow you and trust you and in turn buy from you, never recommend anything you don't belive in. Another thing I always recommend is building an opt in e-mail list that way you can build a relationship with your subscribers and promote to them related products on a continuous basis.

Matthew J Trujillo, Dec 25, 2013 IP