1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Magento Site Speed

Discussion in 'PHP' started by WebRob, Aug 5, 2013.

I am currently working on a site www.megasuits.com. It is a Magento CE 1.7.2 project and the site is very slow.

We are currently hosted on a dedicated server at zerolag.com. We also have caching and CSS/JS minification on but the site is very slow. Can anyone give us some suggestions on what can be done to speed the site up?

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

WebRob, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  2. Sveta

Sveta Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you talked to the support reps at Zerolag about your site? I see you're on a dedicated server so I would question them about the server and see what maybe they can do to help speed up the site.
    Even though Magento is an excellent program. but is a resource hog, we've stopped using it. The last Magento site that we maintained we had to use a full page cache.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    Sveta, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  3. qtriangle

qtriangle Active Member

Best Answers:
    May be you can check memory limits etc.
    If it does not solve it, Contact me over skype:dpsmails I have solved many magento performance issues in past.
    thanks

qtriangle, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  4. kutchbhi

kutchbhi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Slow how ?
    Does it take a long time to load ? OR is the interface of the site slow ? If it takes a long time to load how many bytes does the browser needs to download for rendering the page.

Also use this : https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/‎ . Should point you in the right direction.

kutchbhi, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  5. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This whitepaper from Nexcess is a great resource for Magento optimization. Give this a read for some great suggestions. Hope it helps. http://www.nexcess.net/magento-best-practices-whitepaper

SlimCharles47, Aug 20, 2013 IP
    Nigel Lew likes this.
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Aug 20, 2013 IP