1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to edit wordpress main page?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Dr.Weed, Aug 14, 2013.

So I want edit my wordpress page, where can I do that? wp-content/themes?

Also I have like 20 errors on 3wc validator, and it says that error is like in line 1700. How to find that exact line? How do I know in which file is it?

Dr.Weed, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  2. chiller4life

chiller4life Member

Best Answers:
    1. to edit click on page and then all pages and you will see a list when you hover over them an option will come that says edit
    2. to find the code go to your cpanel and go on file management and there will be a searchbox on the top you can search for your file
    3. for errors in line 1700 go to google and type notepad++ download that and paste the code you will see the numbers of each line on the sides
    if you dont know html, css, javascript, php i suggest u ask for help from someone who knows

chiller4life, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  3. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    some things will throw errors that cant be easily fixed. I tend to get errors with some analytics and or ad code and that is no fault of the site. so for some errors, just ignore them.

if the theme itself is faulty, you need to go into the theme editor and edit the header, footer or other relevant files.

matt_62, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  4. Dr.Weed

Dr.Weed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know everything you said... But which file to open in notepad++ to find that 1700line?

Dr.Weed, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  5. suganux

suganux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    you can go to "Appereance" > "Editor"> then select files that you want to edit.

suganux, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  6. r0nzz

r0nzz Active Member

Best Answers:
    The info you are looking for could either be stored in the database (if so you would find this in the Wordpress admin panel under Pages, then selecting your homepage), OR it could be in the actual PHP template.. for this I would recommend you go on to your FTP and go to wp-content/themes/YOURTHEMENAME and download this folder. Then look through the files in this folder. It could be index.php, page.php or some other page.

r0nzz, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  7. chiller4life

chiller4life Member

Best Answers:
    can u copy and paste the exact code here that will help us to identify which file it is..

chiller4life, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  8. samyak

samyak Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on the theme you are using. Sometimes its on the index.php on the theme folder. But home page may being served from page.php as well.

You didnt say whether you validated HTML or CSS, but I am going to assume its the HTML validator. This validator checks the HTML that gets generated by your theme files. The line numbers its referring to is that of the generated HTML and NOT the php scripts.

Open your site on Google Chrome (or Firefox) and press Ctrl+U. This will show you the source code of the page along with the line number the validator is referring to. To fix this you will have to change the HTML that you use on the Theme files.

Thanks

samyak, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  9. Dr.Weed

Dr.Weed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Im trying to edit a page look.... In general I want to know how to edit the page that is created for a wordpress... For example if I made changes on my page will that be saved in ftp wp-content/themes/themename folder?

Dr.Weed, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  10. samyak

samyak Active Member

Best Answers:
    samyak, Aug 15, 2013 IP