1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is Email Marketing ?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by IAMNP, Aug 13, 2013.

Can anyone explain me What is "Email Marketing" and how it is done ? Does there require any software to collect various email ids from different sources ?

IAMNP, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  2. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is all about list building and communicating with your prospects.

It's both an art and a science, and many people will tell you different things.

It's something that i personally love, and recommend for everyone who's an entrepreneur.

There's a million ways to skin the cat of email marketing.. But basically you use it to brand yourself, communicate with your prospects, fans, customers, and prospective customers.

In order to start email marketing, you need an autoresponder service. I would recommend Aweber or Getresponse.

Both are good to use, and you can also host your own emailing system. Hosting your own system is a LOT of work, so I would recommend just using Aweber or Getresponse.

After you have your list setup, you need to develop a squeeze page. A squeeze page is a lead capture page, and it will let you start collecting leads for your email marketing.

:]

Once you develop leads, you'll want to interact with them as best you can.

Share your blog posts, your messages, your products, your ebooks, even your affiliate links.

But above all else, make sure you ENTERTAIN your list.

They are real living people; not a commodity to monetize.

Hope this helps.

CandleKeep, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  3. RFHMmorg

RFHMmorg Member

Best Answers:
    It depends how you want to see it.. I work for an aviation marketing company in charge of all promotional material and server side information.

We use a few email servers which we upload our database of 100,000 customers regarding the "service" we offer and send out broadcasts that i design.

RFHMmorg, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  4. IAMNP

IAMNP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Candle! Thank you very much for sharing so valuable tips...

IAMNP, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  5. DEBooks

DEBooks Guest

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is about promoting your Niche to your subscribers

You will need a Website The one I use is Webstarts They let you try for an unlimited time but it is best to upgrade as soon as posible . they wil host your site and register your domain.

You will also need an autoresponder I use Awber it is economical and they have an excellent support staff in case you need assistance.

DEBooks, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  6. Kako Merk

Kako Merk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Email Marketing = Build your list

Than, promote your products to your List

Yоur list іs the mоst іmроrtаnt, thіs іs why уоu shоuld аlwауs send уоur visitors tо а capture раgе bесаusе іf thеу dо nоt buy оn thе fіrst go-round уоu hаvе permission tо send future offers wіthоut bеіng called а spammer.

When you send visitors to a capture page (sales page, opt-in page) and they signup, you need to have a autoresponder in order to sent out automatically your emails and build a relationship with your list.

An autoresponder is a tool simply for you to use online so that you can immediately collect names and e-mail addresses, and automatically follow up with those exact individuals in any mode of your choice .x

Usually when you are building an e-mail list , it is smart to offer for free a report , audio or video , and when prospect subscribes to your list , they obtain something of worth in exchange

I personally use 2 autoresponders systems that for me are the best and easiest to use:

GetResponse and AWeber

-Kako-

Kako Merk, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  7. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, like what CandleKeep has said, but i will just summarize and put it in Bullet points.

What is it?
    • Email marketing is whereby you collect emails and use these emails to make money.

Types:
    - 2 Types of Email Marketing.
    1. Permission Marketing, whereby your website visitors give you their email willingly, by opting-in to your list. And you have their permission to email them stuff.
    2. Buy emails from people and email. Highly NOT advisable to do this, because considered as spam (and really is a waste of money.)

How to do Email Marketing?
    1. Create a website. Choose one of the following. Each has it's benefits, both require effort.
        • Squeeze Page: Where the sole purpose is to obtain your visitors email. TIP: Sometimes giving them something valuable in exchange for their contact info, would increase the chances of them opt-in to your list.
        • Blog: Where the purpose is to provide valuable information and help people. Include an opt-in box at the top right corner to obtain emails.
    2. Set up an auto-responder to manage your email list which you would be able to obtain from above.
    This auto-responder would allow you to send out pre-set emails to your list as well as email newsletters to them all at once.
    I strongly suggest that one is being used.
    My suggestions: Aweber and GetResponse. Both are good, it just depends on which you prefer.

3. Drive Targeted Traffic.
    This is the most important step. You need to attract people to visit your website before you can obtain their emails.
    There are many methods.

For Free Methods: (no cost but longer time to see effect and requires more effort, but still effective)
        • Article Marketing
        • Video Marketing
        • Blogging + SEO
        • Guest Posting
        • Forum Marketing
        • Joint Ventures (after you have at least 100 people in your list)
        • etc
    For Paid Methods: (can be costly depending on which you choose, but require lesser effort and effective.)
        • Solo Ads. (most effective in my opinion, but most costly)
        • Pay Per Click Advertising. (effective, but can be super costly if you do not choose your keywords carefully)
        • etc
    Then you can do affiliate marketing and other stuff once you have your list.

Okay i think i will stop here, this could take hours, if not days.

Key points to take note:
    • Email Marketing requires effort like everything else in the world, including breathing and walking. So no pain, no gain. Simple.
    • Always provide value to your visitors and subscribers, because if you do, they will love you, respect you and buy from you.
    • Relationships are important, so build them whenever you can.
    • lastly, be POSITIVE and never give up. It's just a matter of time before you start to earn too.:)
    Howard, signing out~

Howard Lim, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  8. danny87

danny87 Peon

Best Answers:
    That was good information so far. I could add the fact that only 42 percent of companies design their e-mails to render differently on mobile devices. What is negligent – 70 percent of mobile users will delete an e-mail if it does not look attractive on their mobile phone or tablet. That's what I found among these facts about e-mail-marketing: http://www.statista.com/topics/1446/e-mail-marketing/ There are quite interesting other facts there I guess.

danny87, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  9. OlegLola

OlegLola Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi! I wanted to add some tips which will help you while designing a newsletter:

1. Look through special software which is very useful for creating a newsletter MailChimp and Campaign Monitor.

2. Before designing a newsletter, you should decide on your aims.

3. Think about how your newsletter is going to look like and how you'll build it.

4. Newsletter design must reflect you, your company and your message.

5. Try to introduce a competition, for example, or ask for feedback.

6. Send your newsletter regularly.

7. Test before sending!

OlegLola, Aug 14, 2013 IP