1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Transfer

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by HustleSeason, Aug 13, 2013.

I use blogger.com for my domain, I want to have it linked to my GoDaddy account instead, but still be able to edit my blog through Googles "Blogger.com" interface. They have my domain registered through ENOM, is there anybody here that can assist me in this process to get it transferred to my GoDaddy account instead? Domain Transfers are not my specialty, hope this is the right section for this.

I will gladly pay to have this done quickly with little to no down time of the website!

HustleSeason, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  2. r0nzz

r0nzz Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's easier than you think - just call ENOM and get the "domain authorisation code" . They will give it to you if your email address is listed as the administrative contact on the domain (you can check the Whois for this).

Give the auth code to go daddy and they will transfer it in to your account. Your hosting will not be affected as you are only transferring the domain license.

Let me know if you need more help!

r0nzz, Aug 13, 2013 IP
    Cucumba123 likes this.
  3. HustleSeason

HustleSeason Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cool, will try it. Appreciate it

HustleSeason, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if you purchased your domain from blogger, then i suggest you contact their admins for the authorisation code. Then you simply go to the new registrar and "purchase and pay for" a domain to be transferred. Then on that registrar should have instructions on where to enter the authorisation code.
    One thing to point out is that all of my domains are with namecheap, however, it shows up as "enom" (same as your domain does now), but I go to namecheap for support, its not possible to deal directly with enom. This is why I say you will need to deal with whoever you purchased from.
    Just FYI, I have used several domain registrars. Namecheap is the best that I have used, I would recommend you consider moving your domain to namecheap over godaddy, but that is up to you.

Additionally, doing a domain transfer might take a few days, however it should not result in any downtime.

matt_62, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  5. r0nzz

r0nzz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with what Matt said - many companies act as "resellers" to the main registrars. Blogger is likely a reseller of ENOM so they would also have access to the auth code. It can't hurt to go straight to ENOM, but there is a chance they might ask you to contact your reseller "ENOM". It really depends on the process between the two companies and the situation. e.g. if blogger are being unresponsive, then ENOM is obligated to provide you the code. The only reason I suggested going straight to ENOM is that you would probably have an easier time getting through, but you may likely get asked to go back to Blogger and get the code from them.

r0nzz, Aug 14, 2013 IP
    Cucumba123 likes this.
  6. hosting_spec80

hosting_spec80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can open a ticket to Enom, they have a help center. Please ask them to provide you with the transfer EPP code and open the domain for the transfer to another registrar( while you register it at Enom, the domain is always in the locked status).

When they give you the EPP,please provide it to Godaddy and they will initiate the transfer. Domain transfers from Enom can take up to one week.

hosting_spec80, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  7. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    more like an UN-help center, the problem with enom is that they are not very smart, they really are retarded. Ages ago, I had to open a ticket for support regarding a domain that I had AT enom. Enom REFUSED to give me support, because 2-3 years ago I was with hostgator, so now for the rest of my life, they will refuse to support me. There is no leniency, and no forgiveness for the sins of being a former hostgator user and their answer to every support question is to contact hostgator for support! So for me, to have a simple question answered, I would have to join up again with hostgator, in order to get support, now thats insane! This is why I got all of my domains away from enom.

Now thats is the support that I had from enom, when the name was direct with enom... if this guy brought the domain from blogger, then he has no hope.

If I am wrong, and enom now hires support staff that meet minimum IQ requirements, then do let me know.

matt_62, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  8. hosting_spec80

hosting_spec80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sad story, we register a lot of domains with Enom ( without hosting) and they always respond to all of our questions and try to help us ( the responses are not instant, but informative I should say).

I also cooperated with Hostgator for some time, but there were no problems with providing support to me when I needed this.

hosting_spec80, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  9. HustleSeason

HustleSeason Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All handled, thanks fellas. I ended up just calling GoDaddy and got great customer service with them and they walked me through it. Appreciate all the helpful answers though!

HustleSeason, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  10. Gihan

Gihan Member

Best Answers:
    I've face the same situ. my partner registered the domain from cheep-domains, some years back, used for years and it has been payed till 2014. but I wanted to transfer it to godaddy. he transferred about 3 months back.. but yet it hasnt received to godaddy. also contacted previous domain provider they say it has been transferred. but the site is down now.

Gihan, Sep 16, 2013 IP