1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need advice for a unique upscale dating site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by singlesdatingsite22, Aug 4, 2013.

?

need suggestions for unique upscale dating sites

1. 500

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. 500

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    has anyone got suggestions at all..I am having trouble coming up with something unqiue and that has not been used before. I want to attract authentic, quality singles to the site.
    thank you

singlesdatingsite22, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  2. Money-Maker

Money-Maker Member

Best Answers:
    The dating industry is a tough tough industry to crack. The competition is fierce! You really will have to produce something special to stand out from the crowd. Good luck.

Money-Maker, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  3. dirocket

dirocket Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    can you use pinboard concept for dating site (its just idea)

i don't think anyone adopted this concept for dating site

dirocket, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  4. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    As you haven't used this niche before so I would say that start with dating tips website, where you can outsource content as well, this way you can educate yourself too and it would help a lot in future to create a dating website.

SERPpoint, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  5. amirul.nayan

amirul.nayan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now a days,an online upscale dating site gives several advantages to their dating user such as
    Audio Chat(Talk to other members using microphone in real time),Chat Room(Chat online with other users),Instant Messenger(Send instant messages to online users),Webcam Chat(See each others on webcams),Photos and Albums,Audios and Videos,Online Messages,
    Speed Date (members can date with other members quickly with Speed Date feature) Etc.You can introduce these types of modern features for your
    unique upscale dating site.

amirul.nayan, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  6. proson

proson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you need to find a niche from the dating web. May be Dating for elderly??

proson, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  7. jholowka

jholowka Peon

Best Answers:
    To me when I think "upscale and quality individuals" I'm thinking of only one type of person. People who are willing to pay money to meet people (ie. the people who take it seriously.) That's where Plenty of Fish and OkCupid make themselves stand apart as being the "free" dating platforms which allow them to attract tons of people of all sorts of qualities. In terms of generic high quality paid websites you have your eHarmony, Lavalife, etc.

Finding a niche could be a good idea but at the same time you want to make sure it isn't too restrictive and doesn't actually prevent potential members from signing up.

My suggestion might be (before investing tons of resources and time into a website that may or may not work) is to actually organize a couple of in-person live dating events through meetup.com and learn first-hand what people are looking for in an upscale dating site. Just casually ask attendees what they would like to see. Personally, I think the website itself has to be designed in such a way that it oozes class. Sort of like when you walk into an expensive upscale restaurant you can tell by the decor this is where the classy people are going to go. You're obviously not at a McDonalds.

Hope this helps!

jholowka, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  8. DigitalMatt

DigitalMatt Peon

Best Answers:
    I have recently (yesterday) launched a niche dating site. It was difficult to pinpoint exactly the size of the market I was after. I decided to start small, MVP style to gain some real statistics about the potential. If you are not getting the response you were seeking, then you can try another approach before it is too late.

DigitalMatt, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    A few years back I owned a dating site imustdate.com I think the domain is still available. It took off really fast, but within 6 months or so I realized that the majority of the profiles (I'd say 80%) was fake. The whole thing was turning into a den of shady people trying to take advantage of others. I quickly shut it down. Never regretted.

I guess my point is think twice before launching a dating site. Make sure you have a strong anti-scam protection in place. Manually approve and rigorously vet any suspicious profile. And just because it will be an upscale dating site, doesn't mean scammers will not try to take advantage of it. If anything they WILL try to take advantage of it.

qwikad.com, Aug 15, 2013 IP