1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unique Features that we can add to an e-commerce platform

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by socialmerchant, Jul 27, 2013.

Hi there, I'm new here!

I need some ideas, basically we launched an ecomerce platform called nerover (platform of selling digital, physical and services through link and social sites), and I know that theres a lot of upcoming platforms in the market. our only advantage is that we have the lowest rate yet, can you help me guys to think of other unique features that we can add that would give us an edge over gumroad, chirpify, shopify, etc. other else.

Thank you and i would really appreciate your opinions and ideas.

socialmerchant, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  2. OliverTrent

OliverTrent Peon

Best Answers:
    It's hard to create a unique 'feature' as such because many ecommerce platforms allow third party addons to be created for their software. Instead, most platforms tend to be judged on more abstract qualities, i.e. ease of use, support, third party integrations, etc.

OliverTrent, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  3. OliverTrent

OliverTrent Peon

Best Answers:
    It might be worth reaching out to some store owners directly though, just asking what they think is missing from their ecommerce solution, or try asking in a niche ecommerce community, such as shopify, ecomlabs, etc.

OliverTrent, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  4. ArchAxis

ArchAxis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ArchAxis, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  5. AKraly

AKraly Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like someone else mentioned basically any feature can now be added to any of the major eCommerce platforms via apps.

If you are seriously going to create a new platform just build a great framework and then let devs make and sell apps for it via an app store. That's where this industry is headed.

AKraly, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  6. Sabrina_Gage

Sabrina_Gage Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the OliverTrent's view. There are not such unique features for ecommerce sites. For online businesses, the most important factors lie on product, customer service and marketing. And live chat is an important tool for ecommerce sites to improve customer service and sales conversion, such as Comm100 Live Chat, etc. You can have a try. http://www.comm100.com/livechat/

Sabrina_Gage, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  7. smithjames758

smithjames758 Member

Best Answers:
    I am also new thanks for sharing your ideas.

smithjames758, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  8. mplisky

mplisky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,

There is a lot of competition in the ecommerce world these days, and I would say that in order to compete, it's crucial to stand out in some way. I work with a social shopping company, Moodyo, and I thought I would share a few of the experiences we've had. Basically what we do is we add the social element to the platform, which is what a lot of people are interested in, it's all about personalization. I would say one of the keys is facilitating the process of allowing them to seek the advice of their friends and peers on products you sell. A good blog with lots of information on how to make your platform stand out is: KulerThemes.com. It also explains that developing a mobile app makes your company way more accessible to a much wider variety of users.

mplisky, Aug 15, 2013 IP