1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

dollar collapse and the internet as we know it

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sullenboy, Aug 11, 2013.

So I've never been a person to care about the news allot but lately I have been thinking about a few things and I am not to sure who listens to the news or what they believe but every now and then a question arises which brings concern so this is my question and I would like to know everyone's .5 about it..

Do you think that the death of the dollar will bring about the downfall of social media, websites, the internet that we know it and bring everyone back into the "dark ages" of communication ?

I personally believe it's not a matter about when but how soon..

sullenboy, Aug 11, 2013 IP
    Kerosene and prince786 like this.
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Communication companies will fold and disappear. You'll be on your local network, talking to yourself. That is, if you still have power.
    That weird fat guy down the street with the amateur radio will be the Social Media King. You will bring him cans of tuna, and he will broadcast your meaningless status updates to the world.

Kerosene, Aug 12, 2013 IP
    Devtard and malky66 like this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The dollar is not going to collapse, may devalue a bit but will remain. As long as people will buy and sell, trade and want, it will be there in one form or another.
    The internet will not disappear but will grow, and become an even bigger part of our lives. The only thing that will remain, is peoples paranoia that the dollar and internet may fail.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 12, 2013 IP
    Devtard and Kerosene like this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If that's the case I'll be moving to Denmark. Probably the only country that will sustain itself if the world's economies collapse.

But if I am serious, the big social media sites are also backed up by their respective governments. No doubt about it. Twitter, FB, VK, G+ and some other sites are too big to fail.

qwikad.com, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  5. Kerosene

Best Answers:
    Indeed.
    China and Australia can (and do) trade without a need for the US dollar. Russia and India are next.
    We (AU) have GAS and COAL and FOOD, but please don't ask for credit (US dollars), as refusal often offends. If all you've got is US dollars, then sorry, we can't do business.

The USD will become irrelevant. US manufacturing is dead, they have nothing to sell. The clock is ticking.

[​IMG]

Kerosene, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  6. Potex

Potex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    nevermind dolar forever euro:D

Potex, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  7. FlyinTurdNugget

FlyinTurdNugget Active Member

Best Answers:
    Be honest Kerosene... are you the weird fat guy down the street??? :)

FlyinTurdNugget, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  8. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    BTW the dollar had already devalued a lot over the years. But my guess is the Fed will keep devaluing the real value of the dollar so as to make their immense debts more serviceable.

wisdomtool, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  9. Kerosene

Best Answers:
    I'm working on it.

Kerosene, Aug 14, 2013 IP