1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About Bounce Rate

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by scottgerri, Aug 11, 2013.

Hi guys,

What is Bounce rate? and Can you tell me high bounce rate or law bounce rate is good for seo?

scottgerri, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  2. easycontent

easycontent Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Through Bounce Rate we can judge that how many site visitors visits only one page of your website,your visitor only visit that single page and return from that page.Low Bounce rate is good for SEO.

Thank you...:)

easycontent, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  3. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bounce Rate: defines your visitor staying on the page for how much time. High Bounce Rate: suppose a page is having high bounce rate (above 60) then, more people are leaving your website from that page. To judge bounce rate should be always low (this tells that your visitor are more interested to read / stay on the website).

For better answer, you can read some articles surfing in Google and also can find answers related to this /analytics thread.

sameer_max, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  4. Joggers Park

Joggers Park Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is time to stay @ site ... low bounce rate is good

Joggers Park, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  5. Arindam Roy

Arindam Roy Member

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is the total number of visitors who enter in a particular page and leave within a specified time period without viewing another page divided by total number of visitors who entered that particular page.

So simply,low bounce rate is good for SEO.

Arindam Roy, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  6. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As SEO stands for 'search engine optimization', what does the amount of time someone spends on a site have to do with the search engines? How do the search engines even know what the bounce rate of a site is? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Agent000, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  7. treka3358

treka3358 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate has a lot to do with SEO. Googles main aim is to provide the best/most accurate/interesting results for people. If the bounce rate is high the content isn't relevant or interesting to the users. Google can measure this through its analytics product and also by just seeing whether the user comes back to google for the same search term etc.

treka3358, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  8. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Google has no idea what the bounce rate of most sites are.

9. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    no, in ranking factor, Google Bounce Rate is also one more factor. Higher the bounce rate, lower the ranking (Not in all cases), and what @treka3358 said was absolutely correct.

10. Agent000

Best Answers:
    So, I will ask you: How does Google actually know the bounce rate?

I do not have Google analytics on any of my sites and Google has no way of knowing how many pages on my site users visit before going back to the search results.

And even if Google did know the bounce rate how do you even know they use it in the rankings and not just use it as a quality control measure.

You just guessing and making stuff up to mislead people. You are expressing opinions and your guesses as facts .... that is why I love Digitalpoint so much as I want my competitors to read and believe this stuff --> its making my job easier.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    Arick unirow likes this.
  11. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, Google didn't force people to stay longer in site.
    When we talk about SEO, basically we are talking about visitor to our site. As 'mediator' Google pretty understand they should serve their user with quality result. See, even Google need to pay more attention to 'satisfy' user whom using their search engine.

So, how to reduce bounce rate? Easy, make your site as useful as possible. Don't write too much articles if it just to repeat what already been written in earlier posts. Just focus to satisfy all your targeted visitors. If we cannot satisfy all visitors, try to satisfy the majority of them first.

The bounce rate for each niche is different. When visitors stay for only 60 seconds in review sites, we could say: pretty terrible. However, 50 seconds is acceptable for 'coupon based sites'. See, bounce rate is determined not by the times visitors browsing

Bounce rate was born to give idea whether visitor satisfy with the site or not. However, bounce rate didn't exactly give the answer whether the site is good or not.

To lower bounce rate, just write article and ask yourself this question: "If you were a visitor, what do you think about the site? Bad? Good? Terrible? or outstanding?"

I don't really care when people say 'write more than 300 words, use image, videos, map, citation or whatever it is'. Strive to write only useful articles for visitors. 30 words is enough if it make visitors happy. No need to write long articles if it make them dizzy and close the page after reading it. However, writing detailed and long articles is a positive and good habits.

Don't be afraid Google hate your site. No, Google would not hate your site. Why? Because Google think the visitor as 'king'. SE will love your site because your site think visitor as king 'too'. This mean your site is 'comply with Google policies'. Now what? Google will drive traffic to your site. :)

** Possibly Off Topic **
    About Google, They wouldn't disclose their secret to rank a site. There could be million of combined algorithm or formula to rank a site. If a method is working for a site, it doesn't mean it would work for the other. Many aspects would affect the rank of each site. What aspects? Make deep research and you may get the answer. Don't ask me, I'm not an SEO expert.
    ** End Off Topic **

Yups, Bounce rate is good to measure the quality of a site. Not very accurate but bounce rate could help webmaster evaluating their site.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    Arick unirow, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  12. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    @agent0000 http://searchengineland.com/bounce-rate-as-a-ranking-factor-15643, i hope this gives answer to your query.

And i did mentioned that this is ONLY ONE OF THE RANKING FACTOR out of other 200+ factors with Google considers while Ranking.

Google has technology to track the visitors behavior on search results even if they do not have GOOGLE analytics on integrated on the website. This is what Google Search Engine analyzes - When a visitor / user is not satisfied with the search result, then what is the use of showing that web page in the search result.

P.S - Not in all cases. Bounce Rate is NOT THE ONLY RANKING FACTOR. There are many other factors which Google considers.

Thanks & Regards,

Arick unirow likes this.
  13. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Basically, Google were trying to analyze 'User behavior' and 'site structures'.

I didn't think Bounce rate is important to rank a site. What really important is quality of site. Google take higher bounce rate to list a site as 'low quality' or 'not very interesting site for their visitors' (initial assessment - not final assessment). What really important is 'quality of site'. Bounce rate is one of the tools to measure a site. However, bounce rate is not very accurate and Google know about it. So the question is:

"Did Google use 'bounce rate' to determine rank?"
    My answer would be "YES".
    Bounce rate is just 'user behavior'. Google still learning to understand the behavior of 'their visitors'.

Another question:
    "Did Google think Bounce Rate as important aspect to rank a site?"
    My answer would be 'NO'. Google still trying to learn the behavior of their visitors. Just remember, each people has different behavior. Google trust their 'crawl algorithm' to measure a site.

This is just my opinion. Don't think too much on my poor researched opinion. :)

Arick unirow, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  14. Abid Ayub

Abid Ayub Member

Best Answers:
    dear can you share any authentic source about it.. as we see in the google analytics it is given the bounce rate and most of the webmasters think that google knows the bounce rate of our site.
    share the source of this plz

Abid Ayub, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  15. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    But, how can we reduce our bounce rate?

Any tips?

eric_wahlberg, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  16. AnitaTLarimer

AnitaTLarimer Peon

Best Answers:
    Always try to reduce the bounce rate of your site other wise the popularity of your will decrease to a certain limit.There are several ways by which we can reduce the bounce rate like of the site like reduce the page load time then try to reduce the design issues.You can get more ideas by downloading the free Ebook here. @ http://www.adluge.com/ebooks/20-tips-to-reduce-bounce-rate/

AnitaTLarimer, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  17. tyfricko

tyfricko Active Member

Best Answers:
    From my testing bounce rate is almost irrelevant or only has 0,1% relevance when ranking a site. I have a few sites and all of them have 80% bounce rate and still I rank in the top 3 sites for my specific keyword. If I have a 20min video - walk-through of a game level and all my traffic leaves the page after seeing a 20min video this is a bounce.
    According to Google Analytics bounce rate is:
    This means if someone come to one page of your site and leaves your page after been there for an hour this is a bounce.

So if you want less bounce rate.... create more interesting links to other pages of your site or create a redirect after 30s or 1min to another page..... Easy as that :p

tyfricko, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  18. Alin Alex

Alin Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think google uses bounce rate info in the SERPs but here is the thing.It depends on what the website is about.Because if bounce rate is high that could also suggest that the visitor went to that website,got the info he needed on the 1st page he clicked and left.That gives value to the website because is verry helpful.You think google can't tell between that and a bad website that ppl just don't want to spend time on?
    Best way to reduce the bounce rate is to send yourself some junk traffic along with the organic one.If you don't want to spend any money on that PM me and i give you a little programm that does just that.Sends junk traffic to your website to lower the bounce rate and decrease Alexa rank.Just my 2 cents

Alin Alex, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  19. petersmith5544

petersmith5544 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is the percentage of users who view only one page of your website and then leave the website.

petersmith5544, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  20. spyindiarahul

spyindiarahul Member

Best Answers:
    you can reduce bounce rate by help of unique content as well as user friendly site means unique and different layout.

spyindiarahul, Aug 20, 2013 IP