1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing - Still a good idea or not?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by SCookAAM, Aug 11, 2013.

Hello everyone,
    I have been thinking a lot lately about article writing / marketing. By this I mean actually writing quality content from scratch and even re-writing for multiple directories. I am not talking about article spinning or some other corner cutting methods.
    The thing of it is, there has been a lot of debate lately on this subject. I’ve seen YouTube videos, articles, blog posts and forums posts on both sides, saying article writing is a great SEO and traffic generator, and others saying it’s dead. I’m wondering what you all think of this.
    Some of the arguments against say that Google no longer pays heed to articles published on sites like ezinearticles, goarticles, articlebase and the like. That Google views article publishing and linking as a means to try and artificially influence your rankings. I’ve also heard that people are not getting the same results now as they were a few years ago. Less page views, etc.
    That at least is no doubt due in part to the number of articles online now as compared to then. Also to the fact that so many do not actually “write” anything. They cram a bunch of words together and then spin them, making something even less coherent.
    I’m not sure about the Google argument. I’d be curious to see what you all think of this.
    Of course, guest blogging and blogging in general, as well as publishing your articles on your own website still seems ok.
    What I think, from research and from experience, is that true quality article publishing still works. That is to say, actually creating unique content every time you write. I know for a fact that many of my own articles have been syndicated from ezine and other sites. I believe that is because I take the time to actually write quality articles, if I say so myself, and am truly interested in sharing my knowledge and experience and not just using a bunch of somewhat related words into the virtu-sphere.
    Quality does show. And although finding clients to write for that actually want to pay for quality is quite tough, I do see that when I write a good piece, it does get a good response. So in this way, at least, I think article marketing still works.
    I think my work is good enough for my article library:
    www.advantageadvertisingandmarketing.com/resources.php
    And I wouldn’t put links and content on my own website unless I thought it reflected well on me.
    What are your thoughts on this topic?

SCookAAM, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  2. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well written content always has value. It always will. People will always say that this method or that method is dying out or no longer has much value. Much of which comes from people who tried to manipulate Google in one form or another and they are no longer seeing the traffic and/or income as before. There are people who don't give their plan enough time to actually work before they abandon it for something else. There are also those people who spent money on something only to never see a return,(or very little of one), and of course, it wasn't their idea or plan of attack that was flawed, let's blame everyone else and/or the tactic itself.

Well written content will always rise above the mediocre and downright poor quality content that flooded these article directories and search engine results. People take notice of high quality content when they come across it. It always will reflect back well on the author in some way or another.

Whenever I went exploring on sites like EzineArticles, I noticed two things:
    - Some authors are talented, put some thought into their work, and deserve to have their work published on these sites.
    - The sites, in general, need a good purging because their is far too much useless garbage on these sites.
    I couldn't believe how some of the content actually passed the screening process, (supposedly performed by a qualified person), and went live on the site. Even so, I know my capabilities as a writer and I know I could still use these sites to my advantage. The sites still have value.

Publishing your own content to your own blog will always have value providing it is well written. A blog is a powerful tool to earn multiple streams of income from.

Working online is my full-time income. Has been for the past 9 years. I live in Canada, so it isn't like my cost of living is that in which I can earn $500USD a month and have all bills and expenses paid and still live comfortably.

I read all the time about writers getting frustrated with the cheap clients and client expectations. Rightfully so because some of the offers posted here and elsewhere are completely ridiculous. I just simply move on and let someone else bid if they are so inclined. The good paying clients, ones who actually will pay you what you ask, are out there. They will either find you or you will find them. In the meantime, use your skill to develop multiple streams of income. Put your skill to work for you. A writer doesn't actually need clients to survive. Clients can serve as supplemental income should one choose. Think beyond clients and the multiple ways out there a person can develop multiple income streams. A writer will save money and time simply because he/she doesn't have to outsource to other writers. Writing is skill that few people who are trying to make money online have...

TextServices, Aug 11, 2013 IP
    SCookAAM likes this.
  3. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for that input, TS, very good points. I'd give you a like if I could lol.

I can't agree more with the theme of that last post. Quality content will always be effective. After all, that is what the internet is for. And in the end, the search engine, no matter which one, is basically trying to find the best content in order to respond to the user's search query. If you publish good content, it will rise to the top, and will always be valued by both people and search engines, no matter where it is posted.

SCookAAM, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  4. income_by_internet

income_by_internet Member

Best Answers:
    article Marketing works by a large number of Internet Marketers in wide variety of niches. This has been repeatedly proven. however, those who have not ever attempted article marketing tend to think that it is harder or more time consuming than it actually is harder or more time consuming than it actually is. It is important that the article be informative and related to your niche. The article should not sound like a sales letter. the end of the article, you include your resource box, is simply information about the author, and it usually includes a link to the authors related website, a link to subscribe to a newsletter, and possibly even an email address to contact the author. If your article is ghost written, you are still the author.

income_by_internet, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  5. ayeronnie

ayeronnie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually the bio box is one of the most important aspects of article marketing, besides the content. It should be much more than simple information about the author. It should have a strong call to action, other wise it's likely that article marketing WILL be more work than it's worth.

ayeronnie, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  6. lukeit

lukeit Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, who hasn't needed articles? is impossible to have multiple blogs/sites without people that write good articles.

lukeit, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  7. income_by_internet

income_by_internet Member

Best Answers:
    very righ , also in the end of evey article ,put special question to make more share and answers,then stay in your website long time .........

income_by_internet, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  8. kimwhalenangel

kimwhalenangel Peon

Best Answers:
    Search engine loves content hence it is necessary to promote as much as
    content as you can. But after the Panda Upadte and sacking for many
    article farms it is very important to keep promoting Quality content
    and also article back links are of good quality.

kimwhalenangel, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  9. vijaysinh1

vijaysinh1 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi friends, I have written an article on hosting but i need your reviews about article... please reply me..
    http://vijaysinh-vijay.blogspot.in/2013/07/shared-web-hosting.html

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    vijaysinh1, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  10. Northstar127

Northstar127 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Article marketing still has lots of merits. It isn't dead not by a long shot, always providing valuable content to the web is a must. In terms of seo the quality of those links has come down because of abuse in the past but it is still very important as part of an overall strategy. There are a hundred and one ways of utilizing an article and getting the most out of one article seems to elude most people out their for example,

if you produce an article for the purpose of backlinks (make it a quality article) you can distribute it to article directories, use the bio or resource box effectively, link to it from social media accounts, create a short video of it (simple yet powerful strategy where all you need to do is video you scrolling down the article and maybe reading it) distribute them to video sharing sites, make a podcast of the article etc by doing these simple things along with more tactics your 1 article can be used to generate a plethora of backlinks that are diversified and social shared.

Also by taking the time to focusing on improving an articles quality you can generate more interaction, sharing, and conversions. By asking questions in the article, connecting with the reader on an emotional level etc.

sorry for the long post but it isn't the fact that article marketing is dead, great content will always come in handy and can be used to generate quality backlinks it just comes down to how much you care .

Northstar127, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  11. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's still good if you find good sites to post articles on. ezine and other big article sites got spammed out and are not liked by google anymore so they are a waste.

If you can find a good site and get an article on it, that can be valuable.

averyz, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  12. John Broberg

John Broberg Member

Best Answers:
    The ones who say article marketing is dead are usually the ones who mean,
    "EzineArticles is dead."

John Broberg, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  13. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if its dead or not but the big sites like ezinearticles and some more have surely gone way down in the serps since the Panda and Penguin. It is making lesser and lesser sense to put up good articles on sites that are less likely to rank because of the Google bias.

WebBuddy, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  14. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I tend to ramble a lot so here's a short version of what I said:
    Article Marketing is still alive and kicking but what isn't is poor quality content
    Also, poor quality content is what has killed Ezines

The only methods and types of marketing that are dying on the internet are trash. Google is wising up and it's becoming increasing difficult to do well in the make money online niche unless you produce quality content.

Article marketing is far from dead and unless the internet loses power, it's not going anywhere. However, do you know what is finally starting to leave? Poor quality content is becoming less and less valuable as Google steps up their algorithm techniques.

The reason Ezinearticles has gone down is because anyone who writes barely readable English can have crap approved on there. It was becoming increasingly obvious that people were only using the site to push their website or product. People kept telling about how "Ezines increased their qualifications to be published" lately and hell no they didn't. Have you seen some of the crap published lately?

It's painfully clear some of the stuff on there published recently wasn't published by a Native English or western writer. Readers get no value from the majority of the content there, it's just fluff with a link at the bottom.

coreygeer, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  15. Bonny Mehta

Bonny Mehta Member

Best Answers:
    Till the time you are getting any opportunity to display your skills and talent, marketing the article would be the perfect option for income generation.

Bonny Mehta, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  16. bobestes

bobestes Member

Best Answers:
    content in not only for seo...

bobestes, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  17. stilleyes

stilleyes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most valuable comment in this thread [to me], with all due respect to the other forum members who dropped comments. As a recap, writing is a skill that can be harnessed and developed, what you get out of it is all about your attitude.

My two cents of opinion goes thus: the Internet is an info-highway, the vehicles are websites and valuable content is fuel for the vehicles. Whoever is trying to prove the relevance of good articles are/have being/been squashed, needs to mention what is gaining all the relevance presently. [Valuable] content is the mainstay of the Internet, if it's being bundled up, there is a huge vacuum to be filled. Any pointers as to what is taking the high-priced spot? :D

...Anyone?

stilleyes, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  18. emn

emn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Content marketing has been always good for SEO. Article marketing is a great way to earn traffic and create site image online. In ORM it plays a vital role. So, writing unique and informative content is always good and worthy.

emn, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  19. Eddie Phillips

Eddie Phillips Member

Best Answers:
    So far the only money I've made on the net is through article marketing on Ezine Articles. I wrote an article on eBooks and in my resource box put a link to my eBook website. My affiliate product link on my website yielded a sale. Can't argue with success. Just wish I had a lot more articles published -- am working on more!

Eddie Phillips, Mar 9, 2014 IP
  20. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article market - if done right can be good. But those articles needs to be of high quality and unique.

Melisa455, Jul 12, 2014 IP