1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Web designer wanted

Discussion in 'Design' started by Nuno Brito, Aug 11, 2013.

Good morning my friends.

I'm an engineer, not a designer. I'm launching a small company related to European software law and copyright, which happen to be my expertise areas since the past years.

If you have some free time and would like to add a quality site to your portfolio, this is a great chance.

I already have prepared the site with enough content but it need a professional touch. I'm not much in favor of spending money for design but I'd welcome a friendly partnership kind of situation.

If you do a great a design for my site, I will write a public thanks and point other friends of mine to hire your services. Also, if I'm happy with your design services and my business grows then I will be sure to contact you for future work with proper payment.

Sound good? Drop me a personal message to know more details.

Nuno Brito, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  2. TheLimeDesign

TheLimeDesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    This post is really sad and someone will fall i to this trap soon. You are an engineer, what if someone comes to you asking to trade your engineering stuff with a website that will only be built when you succeed? You wouldnt want to partner either. This is our bread and butter and people like you make it tougher to get good clients. You only need to invest once in your website. All this referral, partnerships, promotions and thank you message (seriously you think we are that desperate?) are utter nonsense.

TheLimeDesign, Aug 11, 2013 IP
    Gladiatus and hassanahmad2 like this.
  3. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sad is proposing an exchange and seeing someone calling it a trap without reading the post.

Actually, I do trade my engineering "stuff" with others without any kind of payment. What is the result? I currently manage one of the greatest websites on Earth where other engineers do "stuff" ( http://reboot.pro ) and my "stuff" is featured on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinBuilder

My engineering "stuff" is released for free. Helps others at no cost. Result? Thousands of people got to know my work, became a visit card for other things in life.

You don't really speak for every other designer here at DP. If you don't like this kind of exchange, please stop trolling this post.

Thanks.

Nuno Brito, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  4. FallenShadow

FallenShadow Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You're not "buying" anything, so you've posted this in the wrong section.

FallenShadow, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  5. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You're not undestanding what "buying" means, so you've posted a wrong comment.

I'm doing a trade. "Buy" is categorised as definition #3 at:
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/buy

Back to business. I haven't yet replied to all personal messages but there is no need to provide further contact as I'm already working with a designer right now. My thanks to everyone who participated.

Nuno Brito, Aug 12, 2013 IP