1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback I was banned a few months ago

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by DigiSolutions, Aug 10, 2013.

Okay, I was banned a few months ago. I don't recall when.

Here is what happened. Ever since the new change at DP, this is when it all happened.
    I decided to sell a service and paid for the premium membership.

Immediately after posting my service, I was unable to login to my account with a prompt saying that I was banned until a specific date.

The reason why I was banned is because I had another inactive account I didn't know about. I don't even get on that account anymore.

So, basically I paid for premium membership and did not it. I wasted my money just because DP did not honor their service. Now, I realize there are rules to prevent scammers, crooks, and so forth - but it would have been nice to get a refund for the service I paid for and did not get. I believe this isn't an ethical business practice.

Now I am stuck in the same place. I will not invest any money on premium memberships, however I have services to sell. So basically, if I put up another service again - they will take my money and ban me because of my other account? Isn't there a way to have a moderator delete any accounts that are linked to this? I want to fix the situation but don't have anywhere to turn. If someone could make a suggestion, that would be great.

DigiSolutions, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    So you fail to honor our terms and conditions of membership and then buy premium membership, huh? Does not sound smart to me.

From our rules section

Smyrl, Aug 10, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow and ryan_uk like this.
  3. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    It appears you had more than just one duplicate account. Multiple accounts are not allowed and it has always been a rule here on DP. It is also stated clearly (on this page) that even if you are a premium member all forum rules still apply.

If you want to sell your services you need to become established first. Read more here.

EDIT// Sorry Shannon didn't see your post. :)

Katy, Aug 10, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So you are telling me you had hundreds of posts and you were active, then 6 days later you forgot you ever had an account and this was a totally new site to you? :)

digitalpoint, Aug 10, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow and Katy like this.
  5. HostPlanz

HostPlanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was of the opinion that y'all could have been a bit lenient on the OP and allow him/her to at least enjoy the services he/she paid for seeing that he/she forgot their old account exists/login credentials..... After reading the above, I guess the OP is a liar and deserved his/her ban in the first place and should be banned again for lying. You can't possibly forget you had an account 6 DAYS LATER. OP should be perma-banned for making me waste pity on him/her which I shall never regain.

HostPlanz, Aug 10, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.